Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Website Messed Up My Account - Lousy, Non-Existent Technical Support

Yesterday I tried leaving a question for a product. The website made me log in again  asked me for my "name".  It wouldn't accept my usual ID name, said it was already taken, so I just picked something else.  Now every one of my posts has gotten that new name attached 😠.  I have a long-standing participation on these forums and want my old name back!  I can't find anywhere in my settings, profile, etc. where I'm able to do that.  I tried calling customer service and would you believe they have ZERO technical support over the phone.  The shopping side CS can't help at all except for sending an email to the technical side.  It's shameful that A multi billion dollar company doesn't have technical support available or that users can't go into their own profile to make their own adjustments.  

Crossing my fingers that someone from QVC technical support will see this or I'll be stuck with my new ID 😡

Honored Contributor

Re: Website Messed Up My Account - Lousy, Non-Existent Technical Support

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Suggest you send an email to: 

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

The  MODS will sort this out for you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Suggest you send an email to: 

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

The  MODS will sort this out for you.

0D7DDAF6-AFEE-4CF7-B457-166BAC0D2BD9.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

You're Welcome copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch - Yes, the constant prompt to change usernames when leaving a review has become very frustrating. One really silly option that will probably work is this: Log out of the main QVC website and the forums. Find a product and click to leave a review. You'll definitely be asked for your username again. Enter the old one and see if that resets it. If your username is restored, always just re-enter it when leaving a review. Sometimes, the system will still tell you not to use that nickname, but typically, it won't.

(If that doesn't work, go to the main website and log in. Select My Account and then Settings, and look for the "Nickname" field. Click the Edit button and update your nickname as desired. I'm suggesting this option second only because you originally changed your nickname through the review process, so there may be a better chance of restoring your nickname through the same process. And it is totally true that customer service will not be able to help you—there are elements of your account that they do not have the ability to change.)

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Something weird going on today with this site.  It changed my nickname without me telling it to and every time I try to access my orders and click on an order I get an error message.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Something weird going on today with this site.  It changed my nickname without me telling it to and every time I try to access my orders and click on an order I get an error message.

@rms1954  I knew exactly who you were just from seeing that beautiful blue butterfly.

Come back soon!!

Frequent Contributor

Next time they ask you to create a name, just put in the one name that you want to keep using.  That's what I do, and I haven't had a problem or a rejection saying that name is already being used.  Don't know why this has been happening for the past year.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - Yes, the constant prompt to change usernames when leaving a review has become very frustrating. One really silly option that will probably work is this: Log out of the main QVC website and the forums. Find a product and click to leave a review. You'll definitely be asked for your username again. Enter the old one and see if that resets it. If your username is restored, always just re-enter it when leaving a review. Sometimes, the system will still tell you not to use that nickname, but typically, it won't.

(If that doesn't work, go to the main website and log in. Select My Account and then Settings, and look for the "Nickname" field. Click the Edit button and update your nickname as desired. I'm suggesting this option second only because you originally changed your nickname through the review process, so there may be a better chance of restoring your nickname through the same process. And it is totally true that customer service will not be able to help you—there are elements of your account that they do not have the ability to change.)

Good luck!

@loriqvc  IT WORKED!!!  I'M BACK!!!!!

A1591321-3CFF-4D1D-A4EA-884EA809CC79.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - Hooray! Out of curiosity, which option ended up working for you?