Regular Contributor

Re: Warranty on Mr. Christmas TSV tree?

The TSV Mr Christmas trees fall under QVC warranty program. You have to January 31st 2023 to return this item. If it is defective or fails to work, we will happily replace or refund depending on the availability of stock. 

Beth QVC

Beth, that is not a "warranty", that is a RETURN POLICY.  Two totally different things.  In retail sales, you should know this, customers shouldn't have to be educating you on this.  Dropping almost $400 & UP on a Christmas tree should have a pretty good warranty standing behind it.  Shame on QVC for allowing this.

Regular Contributor

I called into customer care this morning about this non-warranty.  They confirmed the tree has NO WARRANTY and they have gotten a TON of complaints about this.  Lots of orders cancelled left and right, I don't blame the customers.  That would explain why all the sizes are still in stock.  My order is already in the process of shipping out, they can't stop it but told me I could return it to them at their expense.  This just wasn't meant to be.  Smiley Mad

Super Contributor

It should come with a five- year warranty 

Regular Contributor

I agree, obviously Mr. Christmas doesn't believe in their product, something seedy is going on and QVC is allowing it to happen.  I feel sorry for all those people who paid upwards of 1K on a tree, that is probably going to die on them very soon, they will have no options.  That was a risk I was NOT willing to take.

Regular Contributor

I had to call Customer Service back this morning, because Mr. Christmas doesn't seem to reply to E-Mails and their phone number is not listing on their website.  The rep gave me their number, I called and it goes straight to a voicemail system, nobody will even answer the phone.

I find this appaling that an almost 100 year old company conducts business like this.  I will not be purchasing anything further of theirs.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Considering the actual amount of usage a tree gets each year (if you only use during Christmas time), I believe 10 years would be more appropriate. I know...keep dreaming, right? In any event, the manufacturer's warranty should be addressed during presentations. Nobody should have to search for it.

Regular Contributor

This is an E-Mail response I got from Mr. Christmas:

Dear Scott,

Mr. Christmas offers a 90-day warranty on all of their products, but due to the seasonal nature of many of our items, should you have any issues during this holiday season or the next, please reach out to us and I would see what options we have available to resolve the situation. 

Wishing you all the best,
Steven
Customer Service
The Mr. Christmas Family of Brands

Nope, not happening!  Sorry.