Super Contributor

Waitlist Item was back in stock…

I had a Halloween candle on waitlist for about a week, it was back in stock this morning, now sold out again.  It is still on my waitlist. Aren't the waitlist orders processed first, before putting them back on line? . I should have called, but figured it would show up as in process. The price also went up $5.00 so maybe that is reason?  Has this happened to anyone?

Honored Contributor

Re: Waitlist Item was back in stock…

@Susic    Maybe there was stock just for an instant and there were names of the list ahead of yours?

I haven't waitlisted anything for a really long time -  and even in those years, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.   I'm pretty sure that was so far in the past that Internet shopping wasn't available except maybe to order books from Amazon.

Right now I believe we all have just our personal experiences to tell us what happens rather than what the policy is.

Super Contributor

Not sure , but it was available on line for at least a half hour, I was on way out to an apt and rechecked when i returned and it was back on waitlist.  It should go to waitlist people first, to be fair. Guess I saved $50.00, and Halloween will be here around time I would receive it anyway.

Super Contributor

There was an item I had on waitlist.  I really wanted this item so I bookmarked it and checked often.  It came back in stock so I ordered it and when it was shipped I cancelled the waitlist one. So I don't think waitlist orders are prioritized if they can sell a new order (at a higher price). I have no proof of course, just my own experiences.

Super Contributor

Hummm, guess that is what I will do next time. Good to know, in case it is something more exciting lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susic - With the waitlist, you are in line ahead of those placing a new order when inventory comes back in stock—but you'll have no idea how many other people are on the waitlist ahead of you or how many items QVC was able to obtain. I'm glad they offer 45 days instead of just 30; it seems like I sometimes have waitlist orders fulfilled with just a few days left to go before that 45-day mark. Good luck!

Super Contributor

The item was back in stock on line, not waitlisted this morning.  I could have ordered it, but figured my order would be in process later today. It isnt, and candle not available again. No big deal, just wondering for next time. Thanks for responses!