Valued Contributor

What is the difference between waitlist items and backorders?

Respected Contributor

If an item is on waitlist, you may or may not get it. If an item is back ordered, you will get it, just later than the original item would have been delivered. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for clarifying this.  I had an item on backorder, and canceled it, because I didn't think I would get it  The next time this happens, I will keep it and check the order status.

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

If an item is on waitlist, you may or may not get it. If an item is back ordered, you will get it, just later than the original item would have been delivered. 

@Reba055  This is not always true.  I ordered an item.  It eventually went to processing, then to back order, and next I knew, after QVC assured me I would receive the item, I received notice that it was cancelled, therefore, I did not receive the item.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@Reba055  This is not always true.  I ordered an item.  It eventually went to processing, then to back order, and next I knew, after QVC assured me I would receive the item, I received notice that it was cancelled, therefore, I did not receive the item.

@mousiegirl Same here.   But I've never had a waitlist cancelled on me and I've always gotten them unless I cancelled it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@mousiegirl Same here.   But I've never had a waitlist cancelled on me and I've always gotten them unless I cancelled it.

@debic  I never receive waitlisted items.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@debic wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@debic  I never receive waitlisted items.

I'm pretty sure it's a cr*p shoot either way.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*