Respected Contributor

Waiting for Return to process over 31 days now!

What in god's name is going on at the Q with return processing? Q's "agent" took possession of my return within hours of my taking it to the USPS--that was 31 days ago! This is becoming a Consumer Protection issue. I am being charged for items that I no longer have.

Also, I have recently received items with no invoice enclosed and when I went into my Order History to view the order--the order detail cannot be viewed. I'm completely baffled by what is happening at the Q. Loyal customer since 1986!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
QVC Customer Care

Re: Waiting for Return to process over 31 days now!

@Maxine49 

I am sorry for the delay in processing your return. Please send an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order number and we will take care of this return for you.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

When I need to return an item I send a message to QVCEasyReturns@QVC.com and my credit card is credited within a day. I've had an item without an invoice enclosed and when I returned the item I just wrote on a piece of paper the item number, order number, description, price I paid, and description and date of purchase and enclosed it in the package. I did have to pay up front for the return and note to insure I am not charged the return fee. I do not have a printer to print out a label. Other questions are quickly addressed by contacting QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com. Luckily I rarely return items, but it can be frustrating when you do.
Contributor

Is there an equivalent place to e-mail at HSN? I returned a pair of Diane Gillman ankle jeans weeks ago and have not heard a single word about the status. They are still hanging out in some dead letter office somewhere.Smiley Mad

Between this, QVC taking weeks to process and ship items (HSN actually ships within a week), and the returns taking weeks/months, its time to call it a day with QVC/HSN. I can pretty much get the same stuff from actual websites or Amazon and have it my possession within a few days. And the returns are a breeze (particularly with Amazon).

Respected Contributor

@cathysyd wrote:

Is there an equivalent place to e-mail at HSN? I returned a pair of Diane Gillman ankle jeans weeks ago and have not heard a single word about the status. They are still hanging out in some dead letter office somewhere.Smiley Mad

Between this, QVC taking weeks to process and ship items (HSN actually ships within a week), and the returns taking weeks/months, its time to call it a day with QVC/HSN. I can pretty much get the same stuff from actual websites or Amazon and have it my possession within a few days. And the returns are a breeze (particularly with Amazon).

@cathysyd , here's my suggestion to you.  When doing returns at HSN, I get a receipt from the PO and check online the status of the delivery.  Once I see it's delivered, I generally give them a week to check for the credit.

If I don't see any credit given, I call CS and talk to a rep, while providing them with the tracking #.  Once they check on that seeing it's been returned/delivered, I am given the credit and it doesn't take long to see it on my CC.  You might want to try that.

Wishing you luck.

Super Contributor

I had returned an item to USPS on July 7th and recvd a receipt as well.  When I entered the tracking number on the USPS site 2 weeks later, it still showed my pkg hadn't moved from the USPS building.  When I checked the return status under my order on the QVC website, it showed the same information.  Repeated these two steps again 4 weeks after leaving the pkg with USPS and nothing changed. Yet under QVC order status it does show returned.  Always get a receipt just in case from USPS.   In most Cases QVC will credit your account after 12 or 14 days once you return package to USPS and they will remove it from easy pay as well so you won't be billed anymore monthly charges.  You will be billed for a shipping charge on your return.  Too bad QVC doesn't credit you for.  I usually go thru the CHAT room when I have issues.

Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion, HisElk1! I just put the return in the mailbox for the postman to pick up (it says you can do this in the return instructions). But I think if I have a return in the future for either HSN or QVC, I will take it to the post office and get a physical receipt. That might save me these return headaches!

Regarding my HSN return, I did end up calling customer service yesterday and they were able to look up and see that they received my return on August 2 (really?). Right after that, I received the e-mail that they did process the return. 

Thank you again!

Valued Contributor

Every time I have returned something to HSN, I end up calling CS for my credit.  It seems to take weeks for them to process returns.  But they do ship much faster than QVC.

Respected Contributor

@cathysyd wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, HisElk1! I just put the return in the mailbox for the postman to pick up (it says you can do this in the return instructions). But I think if I have a return in the future for either HSN or QVC, I will take it to the post office and get a physical receipt. That might save me these return headaches!

Regarding my HSN return, I did end up calling customer service yesterday and they were able to look up and see that they received my return on August 2 (really?). Right after that, I received the e-mail that they did process the return. 

Thank you again!

@cathysyd , glad to hear it worked out for you.  I'd definitely do this in the future for any returns.