Esteemed Contributor

I realize this seems to happen a lot ,  I've certainly read here on the forum about it many times .    It's so frustrating though when it does.   Had an item on waitlist for over a month , then finally went to in process ,   Then the dreaded  back order 😠  I still just don't get it ,  I mean if it was taken out of waitlist and was processing how then does it go to back order ,   Makes no sense to me ?????   Guess I'll have to just to wait now and see if I get it.   Cant someone maybe address this as it does  seem to happen often .🤔

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wait list then back order !

Oh my @Kitty Galore , I also would not be very happy if that happened to me.  Good luck I hope you get your item - and quickly!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore - Even though this is a bit frustrating at the moment, it's actually good news that you've moved from waitlist to back order—that means the Q has inventory that includes your item and will soon be processing it for shipment. Items on waitlist are "we hope we can maybe get this someday" but items on back order are "we have this item on the way to a warehouse and just need to process it and label it for shipping." You're on the right track!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Kitty Galore - Even though this is a bit frustrating at the moment, it's actually good news that you've moved from waitlist to back order—that means the Q has inventory that includes your item and will soon be processing it for shipment. Items on waitlist are "we hope we can maybe get this someday" but items on back order are "we have this item on the way to a warehouse and just need to process it and label it for shipping." You're on the right track!  Smiley Happy

It would be nice if QVC would provide definitions for what these various status's mean. I have always wondered what "preparing your order" means exactly. I have several items that have been at this status for 2 weeks. What are they doing that takes 2 weeks?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am beginning to think 'preparing your order'  is just marked that way so you think your order is not just sitting somewhere....

Respected Contributor

My pants order went from preparing to ship for a week and then backordered and then back to preparing to ship.  It has been 12 days since I ordered.  All that talk about free returns makes me so mad when it takes forever to get an order and then if it is the wrong size the right size has usually sold out.   QVC has really gone downhill.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to say this but it has become impossible for me to cancel what has become a backorder,  as you can see from my BO thread.............

Even with CS helping!

QVC has become one screwed up cpmpany .......imo!