Contributor

WHY IS QVC CHARGING THE SAME SHIPPING FEES FOR THE ITEMS THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING BY QVC’s EDD?

QVC is providing customers Estimated Delivery Dates that they know will not be met.  As a customer, I rely on QVC’s representation of EDD and agree to pay QVC’s shipping fees (normally $3.50 per clothing item) based on those QVC representations.

If QVC provides LESS than promised, the shipping fee should be LESS as well.

QVC needs to provide Accurate EDD based on information they have. 

Valued Contributor

Re: WHY IS QVC CHARGING THE SAME SHIPPING FEES FOR THE ITEMS THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING BY QVC’s EDD?

What peeves me - is that even tho the item may sit in Processing status a long time,   we cannot cancel it.   They need to allow cancellations if they are not going to ship it out within a reasonable timeframe.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHY IS QVC CHARGING THE SAME SHIPPING FEES FOR THE ITEMS THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING BY QVC’s EDD?

@LexaMom wrote:

What peeves me - is that even tho the item may sit in Processing status a long time,   we cannot cancel it.   They need to allow cancellations if they are not going to ship it out within a reasonable timeframe.

I think I know what QVC is doing, that “process time“ is actually the time that item is going from the manufacturer to the distribution center and when it gets to the distribution center it is shipped out to the customer.

This means the distribution center doesn’t have to keep a lot of inventory (which s a big guess based color and size). There also may be just enough time for the manufacture to make the item In that process time too and then ship it.  There is a big cost to keeping inventory, especially if you’ve guessed wrong.

Amazon has changed all that, customers have gotten to expect their order to ship fast. With QVC you may not have any choice because they may be the only ones who carry this item.

Honored Contributor

I ordered something from Sam's Club online on the 26th and on the 27th it was on my doorstep.  I'm in a rural area, not even remotely close to any big cities.  I was amazed.  Oh - and free shipping for something that cost less than $15.

I know you have to be a member with Sam's Club (or pay an additional amount), but it's worth it to me to have super-fast service.

Whatever the reason for the slow "in process" time with QVC, they need to do something about it.  Most of my orders now sit in process for 4 to 5 days.  If other big companies can manage it, so should they.

Honored Contributor

@KatyCarI'm not sure they actually know for sure.  I have ordered only a few items so far in 2019, but all except the most recent have arrived on or before their EDD.  The most recent order has an EDD of 4/1 and I know it was in town on 3/30 so I expect to get it on its EDD.

Some orders are getting through, but those of us who are having success report that far less than the frustrated do.  That's always the way though, so I assume I'm not the only one who's doing okay here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@LexaMom wrote:

I think I know what QVC is doing, that “process time“ is actually the time that item is going from the manufacturer to the distribution center and when it gets to the distribution center it is shipped out to the customer.

This means the distribution center doesn’t have to keep a lot of inventory (which s a big guess based color and size). There also may be just enough time for the manufacture to make the item In that process time too and then ship it.  There is a big cost to keeping inventory, especially if you’ve guessed wrong.

Amazon has changed all that, customers have gotten to expect their order to ship fast. With QVC you may not have any choice because they may be the only ones who carry this item.

I agree storing huge amounts of pre-made, pre-purchased inventory is extremely costly. Every square foot of space in a warehousing situation must pay for itself, and the electronic shopping process has changed radically since Q set up it's system.

So, you're suggesting QVC is in the process of realigning itself as a facilitator?

They present and demonstrate, handle the financial exchange, but leave storage to the individual manufacturers?

I'm intrigued by your suggestion the biggest delays (wearables) is because they're being made to order. Yes, I suppose they might wait until they have x-number of orders for a certain size & color garment before they cut the fabric.

That would account for the extended delays.

Honored Contributor

Made to order is possible if and goods didn't get here on a boat.  The freight is tripled to air freight from overseas.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote, in part:

I know you have to be a member with Sam's Club (or pay an additional amount), but it's worth it to me to have super-fast service.

I have wondered what the result would be if QVC sold similar

memberships for preferential service.   

@Bhvbum , your supposition about vendors storing their own wares might be spot on.  It seems obvious that Corporate is in the throes of some kind of overhaul, and attempting to trim the bottom line is the only thing that makes sense. 

What doesn't make sense is that they are doing it with disregard of their Customers.  Particularly, I'd like to see someone look into the legality of disallowing order cancellation due to delayed fulfillment on their part. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatyCarpprobably because estimated means estimated.  The estimated date is not a guaranteed date.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@KatyCarpprobably because estimated means estimated.  5he 3simated dwte is not a guaranteed date.

Bingo!!