Honored Contributor

Re: WHY DON'T QVC SHUT DOWN THE SITE ?

I have been using Chrome all along and have never gotten that message about it bein insecure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  I didn't notice it myself because I just never look up at the area where it says http:   I read it on the forum last night under customer care someone posted it.  Then I looked at mine and realized that I had the same thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

When my EP would not go through on my Q CARD, Synchrony bank said it was on the Q end, nothing wrong with my card.  SB also said since Friday, lot of complaints from Q customers.

Honored Contributor

Today is the first day in a very long time that the log-in seems to be working correctly.

However, now, everytime I pull up a thread, click reply, move from one forum to another, I'm getting a pop up at the bottom of my screen that says "Only Secure Content Displayed."  After a few seconds that goes away.  I have no idea what that means but it happens every once in awhile with this site. 

If I thought something was not secure and was worried about it, rather than asking QVC to shut down the site, I would just not come here myself.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I have been using Chrome all along and have never gotten that message about it bein insecure.

@Pearlee, it's a tricky message. It doesn't pop up and notify you, you have to know where to look. The actual cart and checkout system are secure, but the forums are marked with an "Info" tag and Chrome says the forum pages are "partially secure," which doesn't tell us much. The troubling part for me is that the checkout doesn't show the security tag until after I log in, so the login does not appear to be secure on the fourms or the QVC sales site and since they both use the same login information, that's a problem for me.

Here's a picture showing the difference between a secured (padlock image) side and an "Info" site:

Security.png

And here's the Google site explaining what those tags mean: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?visit_id=1-636263077165258193-2486499967&p=ui_securit...

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee, it's a tricky message. It doesn't pop up and notify you, you have to know where to look. The actual cart and checkout system are secure, but the forums are marked with an "Info" tag and Chrome says the forum pages are "partially secure," which doesn't tell us much. The troubling part for me is that the checkout doesn't show the security tag until after I log in, so the login does not appear to be secure on the fourms or the QVC sales site and since they both use the same login information, that's a problem for me.

Here's a picture showing the difference between a secured (padlock image) side and an "Info" site:

Security.png

And here's the Google site explaining what those tags mean: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?visit_id=1-636263077165258193-2486499967&p=ui_securit...

Thanks for that info. Chynna.

But how do we make it secure? It must be on the Q's end. This site is something else. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  I can sign in securely if I use anything but Chrome.  I suggested the site go down as to fix the many many issues that have been going on.  I didn't mean shut it down for a day.  Just thought in order to fix some of the issues, it might help.      The sign in issue seems to be fixed,  but my guess is the google chrome is an issue with google chrome.  

Where I worked and we had lot of issues, we would shut down for a few hours to work things out.