Honored Contributor

Re: WHY DOES SHIPPING TAKE TWO WEEKS? LOOK AT ALL THESE ORDERS!

Well I can tell you one reason.  I order a lot, I mean a lot of 'stuff' from QVC.  Stupid and way too much.

OK, so I'd say since the beginning of summer I started getting very large boxes with a variety of items in it I ordered.  

I'm talking about clothes, kitchen items, sometimes even bed stuff.....all in one big box.

I'm too lazy to look to see when I ordered some of it, but I guarantee you I didn't order this variety all in one day.

I think QVC saves items going out to put them in one box.  It really saves a lot of money on shipping.

Another thing they do is hold back on items going to varied places.  

I believe that's why they are building that huge place so they can say they want the items in their warehouse before they go on air with them.

I think people that come on their (Vendors) promise the sky and moon and then can't deliver.

I have recently received two separate letters from QVC telling me they could fill my order....it wasn't coming...forget about it.  The one I remember I just got was from the company that has the little guy on it "It's a good day....bla bla".  

I think the company couldn't fulfill the orders they took.  That would be one reason for a holdup.  They wait and they wait for the company to supply the item.

Remember, in the past we didn't have this problem.  I think it's because the orders weren't so large (smaller vendors providing smaller amounts of items).  But now they sell zillions (exaggeration) of an item and they have to rely on the vendor to send it....takes a lot longer.

OK, so people have been complaining about not many (or any) jewelry items.  They save showing those until it gets closer to Christmas because they're easier to get out in time.  A piece of jewelry is small and easy to ship.

It used to be that I could order, say a blouse, and get it within 2 days.  I live in Va not that far from QVC in Pennsylvania and/or Florida.

It used to be I'd ask the phone people where they were located.  It was often Texas and/or Florida.

This is all my theory.  I'm not exaggerating.  If you could see all of the items they put in these very large boxes I get, it's crazy.

It used to be one blouse, one plastic bag.  Now I'll order maybe 3 blouses over a few days.  I'll get them all in a large box with one white print out.

I called QVC yesterday and told them I'd sent in the return label (the white slip that says WHY you are returning it with a previous return.  She said just use another one if you have it.

I Xeroxed the print out they send you listing everything.  On one white slip there were 5 (yes 5) items listed.  They were all pieces of clothing.  Tops and pants and a sweater or two.

I asked why they can't provide me with a return slip for each item.  She said, "I don't know mam, that's just how we do it".

I told her I knew I was lucky because I had a xerox machine and could make copies but I'm sure some people don't have a working xerox machine.  It makes it even more difficult for them to organize the items.

I know it's not their fault.  These people who don't have to interact with us "little people" make these stupid decisions that makes things way worse.

It's that way in the Federal Government.  They don't have to mix with us 'little people'.  They don't have to listen to people (like us) getting upset because it takes forver to get something...the phone screeners have to do that.

I try to be courteous to everyone as I know it's just their job, but good grief!  It does get tiresome.

So, I pile everything I want to return back in one of their huge boxes, slap on a label ($6.95) and off it goes.  The box is bulging like crazy, tons of tape on the thing, but at least it's on it's way back.'

I used to just keep stuff rather than send it back.  These days, I send the stuff back.

I'm a size XL-1X.  All of my friends are medium or large.  I can't even give them the clothes.  Back it all goes.

I'm learning and maybe getting a tiny bit smarter.

Valued Contributor

There should be NO EXCUSES, THIS IS GOING ON A YEAR ALREADY!  THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION FROM QVC CORPORATE, HAPPY THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T MIND WAITING, BUT 99 PERCENT DON'T BUY FROM QVC TO WAIT FOR WHENEVER QVC DECIDES TO SHIP,  THERE IS A SIMPLE ANSWER TO THE SHIPPING PROBLEM, HIRE MORE PEOPLE, AMEN, but they won't, unacceptable

Valued Contributor

That doesnt work if the item you want IS NOT SOLD IN BRICK AND MORTAR LIKE LORI GOLDSTEIN, TEMPTATIONS TO NAME JUST A FEW

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I 100 percent agree with you and have posted on this blog site for months and have been attacked by what you call qvc army of defenders, some of who have thousands and thousands of posts!!! ???? Think about that one.  Someone posted and called the defenders, qvc cheerleaders,  I hear ya, disgusted, and am with you

Valued Contributor

THAT IS NOT TRUE. QVC HAS SEVERAL WAREHOUSES, ONE IS ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA THAT IS A COMPLETE DISASTER/FAIL. BUT THE LANCASTER WAREHOUSE IS ONE OF MANY

Super Contributor

I went to Lori's facebook page tonight and private messaged her about my problem with getting her items.  I told her I was a fan of her clothes, yet couldn't get anything shipped by QVC because of their problems.  Hopefully the vendors will get on QVC's case if they find out their loyal customers are fed up and can't buy their prodeucts.

Contributor

placed my ordre 9no  finally update to 2 dec, placed second order was suppose to be 27 nov, its going to be 2 dec

Esteemed Contributor

@carlycat. You are not alone. There are many of us here complaining about these issues but unfortunately there are those who want to put us down for daring to ask for reasonable customer service. They are usually the same folks all the time. They know who they are.
New Contributor

If it's any comfort I ordered a coat on the 7th .. It is now the 22nd and it is still just "processing". I need to go out of state soon and don't want to worry about an over 100$ purchase sitting on my doorstep while I'm away. There is no option shown to cancel and I got no response in "Live Chat".  I simply will refrain from shopping here much any more. Returns take too long to process as well. I have been shopping here for 30 years and in the beginning most orders arrived in 3-4 days. The quality was higher and customer service was tops. Miss those days.