Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

WHAT’S UP WiTH THE VIDEOS?

It is beyond annoying that the videos of products won’t turn off. It is getting downright annoying. Moderators. Please report this very annoying problem.
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S UP WiTH THE VIDEOS?

@Teddixat  You supplied no system info for the Q IT dept to help you!  Not even an item # as an example for them and/or forum users to test for you.

Are you using a computer or mobile device?

If computer, Mac or PC?

Which OS are you using - comp?

Which iOS are you using - mobile device?

Which browser & version are you using?

What troubleshooting efforts have you tried? Need this info to avoid the "been there done that" scenario.

Have you tried switching browsers?

Tried restarting?

I have no issues turning videos on or off.  Matter of fact, my settings are set not to have videos automatically come on when I visit a website w/video(s).  I have to manually turn them on & off.

Mac

Waterfox

OS 10.14.5

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

This IS AN ISSUE WITH QVC, AND NOT WITH THE CUSTOMER!  I tried watching a few videos, when you press pause, it won't pause, it won't stop  Come on QVC, every 12 hours there is another problem with this billion dollar company, unheard of, spend your profits and start hiring more employees in processing and returns and shipping, and an IT department that knows what they are doing

Esteemed Contributor

@MzIMac. Good for you if you are not having issues but apparently others have such as Tropic. I am facing the issue with ever video not just one and this started happening a week ago. I have a brand new IPhone XR using the most up to date operating system because my phone updates automatically. So consider yourself lucky you aren’t having problems. This is a QVc issue not mine. This is not the only issue - there are many like having to sign in several times before it can e me post a comment.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat - I haven't had any issues with video playback (and I've actually watched more videos this week than usual), and yours is the only thread on this topic, so this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. @Mz iMac was trying to assist you in getting help with your situation; you really do need to share a lot more detail in order for someone to propose potential solutions.

Now that you've indicated the device you're using, one other useful thing to share is whether you are trying to access the videos through the website or the QVC app, as that will make a difference in suggesting changes to actions or settings that might help you resolve things. (In general, there have been some issues with iPhone access to videos off and on over the past couple of years, so knowing more about your device and method of access will facilitate ideas about solutions that have been successful.)

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc. I have this problem viewing on my safari browser. I tried it again using Chrome with the same problem. I don’t use the app because I have issues placing my orders using the app. This morning just to respond to your comment I had to sign in 3 times.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:
@loriqvc. I have this problem viewing on my safari browser. I tried it again using Chrome with the same problem. I don’t use the app because I have issues placing my orders using the app. This morning just to respond to your comment I had to sign in 3 times.

@Teddixat,  The questions and suggestions @Mz iMac and @loriqvc posted are important and essential for troubleshooting -- even if it's not something we can fix (something specific to our device or software), the IT department needs details if the QVC Social Team forwards the problem to them for research.

On your new iPhone, have you closed the browser(s) running in background, and then used the Settings icon to delete all browser history, cookies, website data, and then tried the Q site again?   That can be extremely helpful in first-line problem-solving, especially on this glitchy website.  

Also, if you’re using a bookmark or “favorite” to access QVC that might be a source of trouble.   Try finding QVC with your browser, access it directly there, and see if the results are different.

In general, QVC has had ongoing problems with their product videos, and some of us encounter the problems and others don't.   

The website isn't as compatible or user-friendly as other major sites are.    It's puzzling that the Q management never has seemed to place much importance on this.    I'm sorry you're having problems, as they can be beyond annoying and also cause us to abandon the company and shop elsewhere.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat - As usual, @dooBdoo has some great suggestions; I hope they work for you. Since you tried different browsers and experienced the same result, I'm guessing there might be some data or setting details misbehaving on your device (and, of course, the QVC website is already finicky to begin with), so clearing and resetting may be just the solution you need. Alternately, even though it would be a bit annoying, perhaps you could download the app and use it for browsing and then go to the website to place your order if you continue to have issues placing orders via the app.

Fingers crossed that you can get your video access up and running again soon!

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo and Loriqvc. I really appreciate both of your comments. I really don’t want to clear out the cache as it messes up everything. Honestly I am more frustrated that the Q hasn’t updated it’s website to fix these issues. I know I am not the only one with these issues. And honestly I rarely if ever run into these problems with any other online retailer