WARNING: DO NOT USE STANLEY STEAMER

i ASKED THE CARPET CLENER TO WEAR A MASK WHILE IN MY HOME. i ASKED HIM 4 TIMES TO PUT ON A MASK BUT HE SAID HE FORGOT. I REPORTED HIM TO THE AREA MANAGER AND SHE SAID SHE SPOKE TO HIM AND HE TOLD HER HE FORGOT. I TOLD HER I ASKED HIM 4 TIMES. HER RESPONSE WAS PATHETIC AS THE SERVICE PROVIDER.  THE SDERVICE PROVIDER WAS UNPROFESSIONAL AND THE WORK PERFORMED WAS SUBSTANDARD. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID.   

Respected Contributor

Re: WARNING: DO NOT USE STANLEY STEAMER

@SunShining2   See that you are new to the forum.  Welcome The Customer Care forum is for subjects that relate to QVC, not outside companies.

Your post is enlightening and probably should be posted in Community Chat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not let him in my house without a mask. If he was already inside & would not put on mask when I asked I would throw him out with no payment.

I would not want someone like that in my home during a Pandemic.

If I had carpets that needed to be cleaned I think I would have bought a machine & did it myself.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that this happened to you but as the home owner you have to own some responsibility. I have had several things done to my home since this pandemic began, and everyone has worn a mask. As recently as this week I had some work performed on my AC unit. The service persons rings the doorbell,  they have their mask on and you let them in. I would not have allowed anyone into my home without a mask. 

Valued Contributor

I had a problem with them about 10 years ago.  They wanted to charge me for a hallway when it was from my bed room to my attached bedroom.  It was about 3 ft by 5 ft.  He called his manager and said the manager said that was a hallway.  I said goodby!

Honored Contributor

@SunShining2   I would have immediately called and said I did not want the service since worker was not wearing a mask and either he would have been told to wear one or could have had the service rescheduled with a worker wearing a mask.   

Trusted Contributor

@SunShining2   I don't think you can condemn an entire company due to 1 employee failing to wear a mask.  I would have asked him to leave.

Honored Contributor

and this is a reason to not use Stanley Steamer?  Pathetic.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@SunShining2 

So ummm, why did you let this person inside your home????   confused.gif

P.S. Typing in all CAPS is considered shouting & hard to read.  We can all hear ya! Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

If I really wanted the work done, I would have given him a mask from my stash.  But I would also have called his office to express my displeasure.