Vitamix Blade Recall

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Vitamix Creation TURBO 64 oz. 15-in-1 Blender w/32oz. Dry Container on 2-18-2014.  I received an email from do-not-reply@blendersettlement.com stating that there is a class-action suit settlement regarding the blade assemblies.  On their website in the FAQ item 13 states:  "If you own one blender, and your Claim Form lists one serial number, you are eligible for one $70 gift card or one replacement blade assembly, regardless of whether you also own additional containers and/or blade assemblies."  Since I received two containers with faulty blade assemblies, but only one blender, I can only receive one replacement blade assembly.  I cannot find blade assemblies for sale anywhere on the Vitamix website.

Does anyone have a remedy for our situation?  

**edited to remove personal information (order #)

Respected Contributor

I found this which will help to determine if yours is recalled.

You can quickly determine if your product has been affected by looking at the blade in your container. The part number and date of manufacture are etched on the top of the blade, under the logo. If the part number is 103208 A and the date of manufacture is before August 2013 (shown as 08-13), your container is affected and needs to be returned. 

http://www.containerbladerecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx

......You look like I need a drink.....
Regular Contributor

According to the recall, you can submit for each unit however you have to do so individually.  That is, you must fill out a form for each unit.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I am not going to bother with this.  I have a vitamix from the dates mentioned.  I have not been very happy with it.   For the expense I expected a much better quality blender.  I have resorted back to my older , less expensive blender with nice stainless steal blades that are still in great condition.  Also it has a glass pitcher which I prefer over the crappy plastic that the vitamix has.  Disappointing.

Frequent Contributor

It appears there are two different vitamix issues here.  I received an email and it was for blade assembly before a date instead of a type of container stating "if you own a container with a blade assembly on or after January 7, 2007 until October 1, 2016"  with the website of www.blendersettlement.com.  I love my Vitamix but if there is an issue I most certain want to replace the offending part!