Contributor

Videos launching automatically

Hi. How do I stop the presentation videos from automatically launching every time I click on an item on QVC.com. I dislike that feature. Usually I just want to see a bigger still picture.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Videos launching automatically

Hi @auntjoy036 

If you look just below the video there should be a box you can uncheck that says "Play Video Automatically". 

Hope this helps!

Barb

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

This subject comes up often and a lof of people will add the comment about just unchecking the box.  Some of us, however, do NOT have that box on the screen.  I agree that it's very annoying and I wish it would stop.

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I have never seen that box to uncheck. I would love to have a way to prevent the videos from playing automatically. For me it happens when I click on a color or size option. It's every time. So if I'm adding more than 1 of the same item to my cart, the video will start each time. It is super annoying.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc @I was so happy to see the link that you posted! But when I followed the steps, I saw that those options were already turned off!

Contributor

I am using an iPad. There is no box to check. I have tried using Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I see that other Apple users report the same issue. I appreciate your quick response to my question. 

Honored Contributor

To enjoy QVC in it's full-featured glory, I think you have to have at least a laptop.  Tablets and phones get short shrifted.

Occasional Contributor

If you tap on box that has right pointing arrow -(lower left)  active video will come on, touch lower left corner of active video - you will see two north/south lines tap that & video will stop - hope that helps. I have IPad also & it is extremely annoying to me as well to have video automatically begin - QVC definitely needs to get rid of that feature, in my opinion