Occasional Contributor

Re: Videos and "Network Error"

I am having the same issues for days now...it says "The video has not downloaded due to a network error."  

Please fix this issue QVC. Thank you

Contributor

I am not surprised that customer service/customer care is not in the loop regarding technical website problems. These issues should probably be referred directly to the webmaster, but I don't see a way for customers to do this. 

A website like QVC is constantly making updates, including bug fixes, enhancements, etc. which can often disturb features that worked previously. I just wish customers were kept better informed. A simple note to inform us that tech support is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it would go a long way to reduce annoyance.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Today, I can't see the videos in Safari on my iPad either.  There is just a black square.  A few days ago, they would play briefly and then freeze.  Now, nothing.

The black square is is exactly what I'm seeing in IE and then it quickly defualts back to the picture, which is what it should do in the first place. They still 'show up' but won't play in Chrome, where the 'network error' notification is still showing across the top of the video. So, instead of things getting better it would seem they're actually getting worse. I'd like to think the problem would be resolved quickly, but clearly that hasn't happened, so I guess we can forget about any notification when it is resolved, assuming it is. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sandygb wrote:

I am not surprised that customer service/customer care is not in the loop regarding technical website problems. These issues should probably be referred directly to the webmaster, but I don't see a way for customers to do this. 

A website like QVC is constantly making updates, including bug fixes, enhancements, etc. which can often disturb features that worked previously. I just wish customers were kept better informed. A simple note to inform us that tech support is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it would go a long way to reduce annoyance.

While I agree (and have long suggested) notifications would be useful, given the frequency and duration of bugs, I'm not sure how much the annoyance factor would be reduced...

Woman Wink

New Contributor

This has been going on for days !  Come on QVC. I stated earlier on another thread... HSN and EVINE vidoes work just fine . Don't you want our business ???

Esteemed Contributor

Using Safari on IPAD 3.  They play for 10-15 seconds and then stop.  No problems viewing videos on any other web sites.

Honored Contributor

What is this now... DAY 6 and counting...