Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very Disappointed in this Ring QVC! =(

@AngelWhispers wrote:

QVC, my ring finally arrived today and I am so disappointed with what you sent me. First of all there is no way that this ring is 3.60cts Moissanite Weight and 3.85cts DEW. The stones are so small. I have measured each stone with my digital calipers..

https://www.qvc.com/Moissanite-360-cttw-5-Stone-Anniversary-Ring%2C14K-Gold.product.J388343.html

Features:
14K gold
Total lab-created moissanite gemstone weight is approximately 3.60 carats
Diamond equivalent weight is approximately 3.85 carats
Five-stone design; three emerald-cut, prong-set, lab-created moissanite gemstones in center; trillion-cut gemstone at each end; bezel-set, round gemstone on outside center
Measures approximately 3/4"L x 3/4"W
Imported

@The center stone is 6x4mm (.61cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .70cts DEW, the next 2 stones are 5x3mm @ .30cts each (.60cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .66cts DEW and the next 2 stones which are Trillion Shape are 4mm @ .18cts each (.36cts Moissanite weight) each which is equal to .40cts DEW. That means that the actual total weights for this ring are: 1.57cts Moissanite weight and 1.76 DEW!!

Also the measurements listed on the website for this ring show 3/4"L X 3/4"W. This is NOT CORRECT.. I measured this ring with my digital caliper and it is 1/4"L X 3/4" W. When I ordered this ring online I took the advertised measurement into account. The ring that you sent me is not as it is advertised online.

Comparison tile.jpg

Radiant Sizes-vert.jpg

Also the 3 Radiant Emerald Shape stones are hazy and yellow tinted. The 2 Trillion side stones are clear and white. The stones are not matched in color or clarity!! I own many pieces of Moissanite and this ring does not even come close to the color or clarity of the pieces that I own. I have a Radiant Emerald Cut Forever One GHI Moissanite from C&C in a diamond halo ring which is the exact same size (6x4mm) as the center stone in your ring and you can clearly see the difference in the clarity of the stones. No comparison at all. My C&C Radiant Emerald Cut is clear while the one from QVC is very hazy. Worst thing about all this is that I had a credit on my QVC account that I used when I purchased this ring, now because it is "not what was advertised" and I will have to return it, I guess I will lose my credit too!! Why did you send me a ring that is not even half of the advertised Moissanite/DEW weight? There is NO WAY that this could be an "almost" 4 carat ring!!

@AngelWhispers- wow, I thought a digital caliper was an instrument that a GYN uses Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

QVC, my ring finally arrived today and I am so disappointed with what you sent me. First of all there is no way that this ring is 3.60cts Moissanite Weight and 3.85cts DEW. The stones are so small. I have measured each stone with my digital calipers..

https://www.qvc.com/Moissanite-360-cttw-5-Stone-Anniversary-Ring%2C14K-Gold.product.J388343.html

Features:
14K gold
Total lab-created moissanite gemstone weight is approximately 3.60 carats
Diamond equivalent weight is approximately 3.85 carats
Five-stone design; three emerald-cut, prong-set, lab-created moissanite gemstones in center; trillion-cut gemstone at each end; bezel-set, round gemstone on outside center
Measures approximately 3/4"L x 3/4"W
Imported

@The center stone is 6x4mm (.61cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .70cts DEW, the next 2 stones are 5x3mm @ .30cts each (.60cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .66cts DEW and the next 2 stones which are Trillion Shape are 4mm @ .18cts each (.36cts Moissanite weight) each which is equal to .40cts DEW. That means that the actual total weights for this ring are: 1.57cts Moissanite weight and 1.76 DEW!!

Also the measurements listed on the website for this ring show 3/4"L X 3/4"W. This is NOT CORRECT.. I measured this ring with my digital caliper and it is 1/4"L X 3/4" W. When I ordered this ring online I took the advertised measurement into account. The ring that you sent me is not as it is advertised online.

Comparison tile.jpg

Radiant Sizes-vert.jpg

Also the 3 Radiant Emerald Shape stones are hazy and yellow tinted. The 2 Trillion side stones are clear and white. The stones are not matched in color or clarity!! I own many pieces of Moissanite and this ring does not even come close to the color or clarity of the pieces that I own. I have a Radiant Emerald Cut Forever One GHI Moissanite from C&C in a diamond halo ring which is the exact same size (6x4mm) as the center stone in your ring and you can clearly see the difference in the clarity of the stones. No comparison at all. My C&C Radiant Emerald Cut is clear while the one from QVC is very hazy. Worst thing about all this is that I had a credit on my QVC account that I used when I purchased this ring, now because it is "not what was advertised" and I will have to return it, I guess I will lose my credit too!! Why did you send me a ring that is not even half of the advertised Moissanite/DEW weight? There is NO WAY that this could be an "almost" 4 carat ring!!

@AngelWhispers- wow, I thought a digital caliper was an instrument that a GYN uses Woman LOL

LOL!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@AngelWhispers You do not loose the credit you used on the order. The credit is placed back into your membership account when the item is received back. You can then reuse the credit at that time.

For clarification: On the return form, I am assuming that I mark the box where it says reason for return: Received different item/color/size than ordered instead of Product is Defective?

Just want to make sure to select the correct one..

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@AngelWhispers You do not loose the credit you used on the order. The credit is placed back into your membership account when the item is received back. You can then reuse the credit at that time.

For clarification: On the return form, I am assuming that I mark the box where it says reason for return: Received different item/color/size than ordered instead of Product is Defective?

@Wayne-QVC  just wanted to make sure you saw this since you weren't tagged.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

Thanks so much Nick Nack!Smiley Happy I thought that when I quoted him it would automatically tag him on it?.. I am still waiting for his answer so hopefully he will confirm for me..

Honored Contributor

OP is clearly upset, but just send the ring back and be done with it.

Honored Contributor

Sadly QVC will just keep selling the ring as it is.  Nothing will be fixed or corrected.

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

Thanks so much Nick Nack!Smiley Happy I thought that when I quoted him it would automatically tag him on it?.. I am still waiting for his answer so hopefully he will confirm for me..

@AngelWhispers@  To tag someone you have to put an @ and then their name.  When you type the @ the names will come up in a pull down menu with everyone who has posted in this thread.  Just click on the name you want to tag and it will put their name in your post.  Hope this is helpful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I only buy gem stones from Gem Shopping.  And only with a lab report.  I wouldn't buy any man made stone, but even if I did, I need something to back up the quality of the stone, the size, even the gold or platinum content.  If I'm willing to spend some serious money, you better believeI want to know everything about what I' buying.

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers  I hope you write a review for this item so others will be forewarned.