Frequent Contributor

Very Disappointed in this Ring QVC! =(

QVC, my ring finally arrived today and I am so disappointed with what you sent me. First of all there is no way that this ring is 3.60cts Moissanite Weight and 3.85cts DEW. The stones are so small. I have measured each stone with my digital calipers..

https://www.qvc.com/Moissanite-360-cttw-5-Stone-Anniversary-Ring%2C14K-Gold.product.J388343.html

Features:
14K gold
Total lab-created moissanite gemstone weight is approximately 3.60 carats
Diamond equivalent weight is approximately 3.85 carats
Five-stone design; three emerald-cut, prong-set, lab-created moissanite gemstones in center; trillion-cut gemstone at each end; bezel-set, round gemstone on outside center
Measures approximately 3/4"L x 3/4"W
Imported

The center stone is 6x4mm (.61cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .70cts DEW, the next 2 stones are 5x3mm @ .30cts each (.60cts Moissanite weight) which is equal to .66cts DEW and the next 2 stones which are Trillion Shape are 4mm @ .18cts each (.36cts Moissanite weight) each which is equal to .40cts DEW. That means that the actual total weights for this ring are: 1.57cts Moissanite weight and 1.76 DEW!!

Also the measurements listed on the website for this ring show 3/4"L X 3/4"W. This is NOT CORRECT.. I measured this ring with my digital caliper and it is 1/4"L X 3/4" W. When I ordered this ring online I took the advertised measurement into account. The ring that you sent me is not as it is advertised online.

Comparison tile.jpg

Radiant Sizes-vert.jpg

Also the 3 Radiant Emerald Shape stones are hazy and yellow tinted. The 2 Trillion side stones are clear and white. The stones are not matched in color or clarity!! I own many pieces of Moissanite and this ring does not even come close to the color or clarity of the pieces that I own. I have a Radiant Emerald Cut Forever One GHI Moissanite from C&C in a diamond halo ring which is the exact same size (6x4mm) as the center stone in your ring and you can clearly see the difference in the clarity of the stones. No comparison at all. My C&C Radiant Emerald Cut is clear while the one from QVC is very hazy. Worst thing about all this is that I had a credit on my QVC account that I used when I purchased this ring, now because it is "not what was advertised" and I will have to return it, I guess I will lose my credit too!! Why did you send me a ring that is not even half of the advertised Moissanite/DEW weight? There is NO WAY that this could be an "almost" 4 carat ring!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very Disappointed in this Ring QVC! =(

I'm speechless.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
QVC Customer Care

@AngelWhispers I'm so sorry, but please feel free to return the order you received for a  full refund via the provided prepaid label. In addtion, please follow the return instructions on the invoice when returning the item. I will also forward the information you provided to the appropriate department.  

Frequent Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@AngelWhispers I'm so sorry, but please feel free to return the order you received for a  full refund via the provided prepaid label. In addtion, please follow the return instructions on the invoice when returning the item. I will also forward the information you provided to the appropriate department.  

Am I going to lose the credit that I had that I used when I placed this order? I am shocked that I was sent this small stone ring and at the quality of the color and clarity of the stones for the price paid!

QVC Customer Care

@AngelWhispers You do not loose the credit you used on the order. The credit is placed back into your membership account when the item is received back. You can then reuse the credit at that time.

Respected Contributor

Outrageous, buyer beware!

Respected Contributor

All I can say is, 'WoW!'

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Whoa, that's a serious eye opener!  And who would have known if you didn't own that digital caliper and know how to use it. Thank You!

Respected Contributor

@AngelWhispers

I applaud you for being a savvy customer.  Thanks for the heads up.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Frequent Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Whoa, that's a serious eye opener!  And who would have known if you didn't own that digital caliper and know how to use it. Thank You!

Smiley Happy Thank you, Yes I have been a jewelry fanatic for almost all my life and have many jewelry tools like, sizing sticks (also called Mandrels), Digital Calipers, etc. I have many pieces of jewelry and I immediately knew something was not right about the size of the stones for the advertised carat weight the minute that I opened the package!! Not to mention how yellow tinted the Moissanite stones were! I think that the size of the ring shockedWoman Surprised me the most! I knew that those stones were way too small to be anywhere near what QVC was advertising as an almost 4 carat ring.. I am still shocked and frustrated because this has done nothing but waste my time. Maybe at least this will help someone else to know the facts about this particular piece of jewelry..Smiley Frustrated