Contributor

Venting on Pricing changes

[ Edited ]

I am very concerned about the price changes that are going on.  It seems that one must be very diligient to check if prices are changed, so that the "real" price can be paid.  I placed two orders for the beauty advent calendar at almost $70 each (or should I say under $70!) a few weeks ago.  They were on waitlist and I order them every year for my DD and DIL.  I see today that they are being offered for almost $55 each.  If I wasn't watching or looking on-line (I do not always do this), I would not have found out about the price change.  That's almonst $30 for me to lose!  Since the order was originally on wait list and is now in process of being sent,  I callled CS and I found out they would not do a price adjustment until the item came to me, necessitating a call from me to do so at the time of delivery.  So much for convenience.

This has happened to me when I placed an order a few weeks ago: I ordered some items (all the same) for an exorbinant delivery charge. I was willing to pay since it was a good deal for the items. Then a few days later, on a weekend, there was free delivery. Unfortunately, I could not come to call and got busy and forget about it.  That would have saved me about another $22.  

Another time this fall, I was to have a return delivery charge omitted not d/t my error.  The amount was to be creditied but never was. 

I have been a loyal QVC customer for 29 years and seem to have to watch them like a hawk.  Sorry QVC, you are losing my business.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Venting on Pricing changes

@Lucky PennyJust keep in mind that QVC is absolutely not alone in making price changes.  Right now I'm saving money by just not buying very much at all (beyond basics like food, fuel, etc.) but it has always paid to watch purchases for whatever the look-back period of a company is.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Penny. You'll  get your price adjustment if you remember to call as instructed

You would not have gotten an adjustment on the free shipping as it's never retroactive.  We've all had that experience where we bought something, then the next day there's free shipping.  That's just too bad.

It was your fault you didn't pursue the return of the delivery charge.  Maybe you need some post-it note reminders? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Penny - It is always frustrating to find a better deal on something after you've already purchased it. Some retailers are willing to refund the difference, but many are not, so I'm always happy that QVC has this policy. With a simple phone call or email message, you essentially get to take advantage of the lowest price within 30 days. This is one area where I think the Q has great service!