Frequent Contributor

Valerie sheep disappointment

I received Valerie's sheep (h223167) today and am so disappointed. They are very gray-not at all what was shown or described. I know how to return them but I want to make sure I don't get charged shipping and handling. Customer care I need your help. Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Valerie sheep disappointment

@Anniedog  You are not charged a label free when returning an item that is damaged or defective. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm aware of that but there have been numerous posts about customers being charged when they weren't supposed so I was hoping someone would check.

Honored Contributor

There's a section on the return slip that addresses an item that does not appear the same as on TV. I have checked that box plenty of times and still had to pay return shipping.

Honored Contributor

The sheep are cute.  I can understand your disappointment if they were gray and not white.

sheep.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I got the bunnies....I hope mine are white....

I got a set of gingerbread kids that were not the gingerbread brown in December.....they were an ugly brown.....

I kept them anyway and just put them in a dark corner of the kitchen, but the bunnies will go back if they are grey like the lambs the OP got....

Honored Contributor

@Anniedog -

When I have returned anything defective or not as shown, as others have said, mark that as the reason on the return slip, then watch to see if you are credited or not charged for return shipping and if you are, call customer service and have it credited.

I usually go through 3 steps:

1. I call customer service and let them know I am returning and why

and that I do not want to be charged shipping. They supposedly mark that on their notes.

2. I check the box on the return slip for "not as shown on tv" or whatever

and write in how it looked in comments section.

3. After returning, I have kept my receipt for return with a tracking no.

and there are many numbers on the receipt so I write them all down.

When I see it has been returned, I call customer service and let them know the date of the return and they issue credit then which takes only several days rather than a week or more if I don't call.

I also make sure they have not charged me the $6.95 return shipping and if they have, I ask them to credit it back.

So as you can see, we shouldn't have to do all this, it is not "convenient" as the c in QVC suggests, but I want to make sure they get it right and as timely as possible.

And I rarely order things now but if I do I try to make sure I'm going to keep it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

There's a section on the return slip that addresses an item that does not appear the same as on TV. I have checked that box plenty of times and still had to pay return shipping.

@blackhole99   That doesn't necessarily mean it's defective.  It could mean that it's different or better than shown.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I got the bunnies....I hope mine are white....

I got a set of gingerbread kids that were not the gingerbread brown in December.....they were an ugly brown.....

I kept them anyway and just put them in a dark corner of the kitchen, but the bunnies will go back if they are grey like the lambs the OP got....

I have the bunnies they are white. and very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99   That doesn't necessarily mean it's defective.  It could mean that it's different or better than shown.

@Kachina624  I'm not saying it's defective and I don't think the OP is saying it's defective, just that it doesn't look the same in person as it does on TV. I personally think if an item is misrepresented on air in any way, the Q should should not charge return S&H.