Super Contributor

VPH Fresh balsam wreath shipping early?

I bought the small window wreaths in June for a ship week of Nov 15 due to being in SC and needing a later ship week. I noticed a charge on my card, and puzzle I checked the order number (my bank posts the order number beside who made the charge) and it's the set of wreaths!

Has anyone else had their orders ship early? I've ordered for years and that's never happened. I presume it's to offset the shipping delays but, how they'll last for others in even warmer areas is questionable. 

1FC4A1F0-008A-4A4A-9DD4-316BDD217D69.jpeg5E57057B-9B89-41A3-9DA9-D6C0A1113EB7.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: VPH Fresh balsam wreath shipping early?

@Ane1Care 

That's really early.

Honestly I ordered a full wreath from Lynch Creek last year for a preholiday Thanksgiving sale.  The wreath arrived the week of Thanksgiving but it barely survived until Christmas.

The instructions said to spray water everyday on it to keep it fresh but that didn't really do it.

Good Luck but I still think that's too early for a fresh one.

Esteemed Contributor

Received too early  & too warm

One try at fresh - never again - a fake wreath survives any temp - any number of months.  I strung timer twinkle lights in and around - been using same wreath for 10 years at least.

S[raying/misting doesn't get moisture/water in the branches = so waste of time & energy  They dry out quickly

(my opinion)

Contributor

Go to any garden shop and you can buy the same wreath... it is fresh and you can buy it anytime before Christmas.... I just don't see the difference in her wreaths...

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow...it is too early....

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Received too early  & too warm

One try at fresh - never again - a fake wreath survives any temp - any number of months.  I strung timer twinkle lights in and around - been using same wreath for 10 years at least.

S[raying/misting doesn't get moisture/water in the branches = so waste of time & energy  They dry out quickly

(my opinion)

I thought that the special CIJ wreaths had pretty decorations but never found them to be fragrant as advertised. I switched to Bethlehem Lights decorated wreaths and it has worked beautifully for years.