VERY unhappy with communications, will not order again

I have only ordered 3 or 4 times total from QVC.  I had no concerns or complaints about the products or service on prior orders, but will not order from QVC again after my current order arrives.  If it ever does.

I placed an order on Sunday, 1/8, that was to be a gift.  The item was also on Amazon, but the QVC offer had some extra perks so I ordered from QVC.  I was told by phone, and it was stated in the confirmiing email, that the estimated delivery date was today, 1/13.  I received NOTHING after the order confirmation.  I arrived home today and there was no delivery.   I called customer service who at first could not find the order, then found it and told me all they knew was that it had shipped yesterday.  She said she knew nothing other than that.  I asked if she at least had a tracking number, which she did.  I then entered the tracking number on UPS and it hasn't even shipped yet - it was "ready to ship".  I then engaged someone by QVC chat to find out how to complain and suggest that it is hard to believe a company in the business of delivering products cannot keep customers informed of shipping status. That person told me the new date was 1/25! (remember that I ordered on 1/8) and wanted to give me a credit and future free shipping - completely missed the point.   Amazon provides updates at every step.  I understand that things happen, and as long as you know what is going on you can plan around it. 

I will not order again from QVC as long as they have the current shipping communication system.

Respected Contributor

Re: VERY unhappy with communications, will not order again

[ Edited ]

Was it coming from the wherehouse in Rocky Mount,  NC?  We had a snow storm with ice that pretty much shut our streets down.  We couldn't even go to work. Or maybe it came directly from the vendor. There has been a lot of bad weather around the country.  We didn't receive 2 of our Amazon prime orders on time.  They were both 4 days late, so Amazon is late too.

Respected Contributor

Unhappy with the communication? 

QVC sends you ship notices and once it leaves their warehouse it's up to the carrier to update their info.

I don't understand why any customer assumes that one is entitled to free shipping and/or a credit...for what? 

If you have ordered from the Q before, you would know they are not as fast as Amazon, it takes days to get processed, sent to the warehouse, packed and shipped, let alone the time it takes the carrier to deliver it.   You are probably better suited to order from Amazon and seriously I wouldn't give Amazon a penny of my money but that's just me. 

Honored Contributor

We need a separate category called NEW POSTERS MAD AT QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

We need a separate category called NEW POSTERS MAD AT QVC.  

@AuntG  LOL

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyIHB wrote:

I have only ordered 3 or 4 times total from QVC.  I had no concerns or complaints about the products or service on prior orders, but will not order from QVC again after my current order arrives.  If it ever does.

I placed an order on Sunday, 1/8, that was to be a gift.  The item was also on Amazon, but the QVC offer had some extra perks so I ordered from QVC.  I was told by phone, and it was stated in the confirmiing email, that the estimated delivery date was today, 1/13.  I received NOTHING after the order confirmation.  I arrived home today and there was no delivery.   I called customer service who at first could not find the order, then found it and told me all they knew was that it had shipped yesterday.  She said she knew nothing other than that.  I asked if she at least had a tracking number, which she did.  I then entered the tracking number on UPS and it hasn't even shipped yet - it was "ready to ship".  I then engaged someone by QVC chat to find out how to complain and suggest that it is hard to believe a company in the business of delivering products cannot keep customers informed of shipping status. That person told me the new date was 1/25! (remember that I ordered on 1/8) and wanted to give me a credit and future free shipping - completely missed the point.   Amazon provides updates at every step.  I understand that things happen, and as long as you know what is going on you can plan around it. 

I will not order again from QVC as long as they have the current shipping communication system.

@CindyIHB

I'm only 21 and completely understand the concept of shipping and if one pays for 2-Day shipping versus standard shipping.  Not even Amazon Prime guarantees 2-Day shipping on all orders.  It depends on where the item is located in comparison to where you live.  Most people in the United States also knows that during the holidays or inclimate weather EVERYTHING is delayed.  I've never known the Q to have something shipped and delivered within five days of ordering unless you've paid for Express or Next Day delivery.  No one controls Mother Nature.  Even I, who rarely watch or read the news knows that the entire country is under extreme weather conditions.

Sounds like someone has unrealistic expectactions.  Since you have ordered three or four times previously from the Q, you know when the item ships, they send an e-mail to let you know it has left their warehouse.  You can now also sign up with UPS, FedEX and the United States Postal Service for tracking information on packages coming to your address. 

It's just the beginning of the year.....you need to breathe and relax.  Otherwise, it's going to be a very long and difficult year for you. 

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Respected Contributor

Just for clarification, you do not need to "sign up" for UPS, USPS, or FEDX to get tracking information.

Just go the carriers website and enter the tracking info, that should be sufficient enough.

Honored Contributor

Amazon does the vast majority of their shipping themselves, from their own warehouses. They KNOW where an item is on "the mail trail"; QVC, more often than not, has no clue because it is shipped out from the manufacturer's warehouse, NOT QVC. The mfg is not giving QVC any info until an item ships - for all QVC knows it could be a month between order date and ship date - they don't check, and they don't know when the heck an item ships until it's actually in the truck. And even then, they don't know any more than the customer would know by clicking on a tracking #.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyIHB wrote:

As someone who orders from Amazon all the time and has not ordered from QVC in quite awhile, I do understand your point of view.

However, an estimated delivery date is simply that - an estimate.  It is in no way a guarantee.  I also think that if you were expecting communication after the order confirmation, it would have been a good idea to follow up on that when there wasn't any. You apparently wanted QVC to provide updates at "every step", but you completely ignored the fact that you heard nothing.  You said you could have planned for it if you had known, and my point is that you could have known.  All you had to do was call to find out the status - the day after you ordered it or any day after that.  Not every company does things the same way.

The delay may be QVC's fault, but the communication issue is partly on you. I think that, probably, you're better off sticking with Amazon because 1) they're amazing! and 2) it's what you're used to.

Esteemed Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

@CindyIHB wrote:

@CindyIHB

I'm only 21 and completely understand the concept of shipping and if one pays for 2-Day shipping versus standard shipping.  Not even Amazon Prime guarantees 2-Day shipping on all orders.  It depends on where the item is located in comparison to where you live.  Most people in the United States also knows that during the holidays or inclimate weather EVERYTHING is delayed.  I've never known the Q to have something shipped and delivered within five days of ordering unless you've paid for Express or Next Day delivery.  No one controls Mother Nature.  Even I, who rarely watch or read the news knows that the entire country is under extreme weather conditions.

Sounds like someone has unrealistic expectactions.  Since you have ordered three or four times previously from the Q, you know when the item ships, they send an e-mail to let you know it has left their warehouse.  You can now also sign up with UPS, FedEX and the United States Postal Service for tracking information on packages coming to your address. 

It's just the beginning of the year.....you need to breathe and relax.  Otherwise, it's going to be a very long and difficult year for you. 

That's right.  QVC's next communication would have been when the item shipped.  Since the OP didn't receive that, she should have called to check the status. I've had that happen with other companies.  Usually the item had shipped, but for some reason I didn't get the email or something like that.  But if I'm waiting for a package and haven't received anything re it being shipped yet, you'd better believe I'd be looking into it.

And I agree - Ordering something on the 8th and receiving it on the 13th seems pretty unrealistic for QVC.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I can't imagine ever counting on that.