Occasional Contributor

For the second time in a month I have received used shoes when paying for new.  Both pairs are Ryka.  I get shoes in a box with no packaging.  No inserts, no stickers with size on the bottom, no plastic, no tissue.  So now I have to go thru the process of sending in the request, packing them up and taking them to the post office on my time and my dime (gas money).  Sure, I eventually get my money back, but I have to keep watching my account to make sure I get the credit and that it is for the full amount.  Sick and tired and giving up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Used shoes sent out as new

@kmd3758    Were they used, meaning showing signs of wear, or just tried on?  QVC, like department stores, does put returned merchandise in new condition back into circulation.  I've received many returned garments, always nicely packaged and in pristine condition.  Thank goodness or I would have missed some good stuff.

If the shoes are like new, I'd keep them.  Who cares if they're not stuffed, with a sticker?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I rarely have to return anything. But, I have received items I could tell were returns, maybe not pressed perfectly, perhaps a hint of perfume, or just not packaged well. Doesn't bother me. I wash everything before using/wearing.

With that said, if an item is missing parts or looks like it's been washed and returned, it should be sold "as is" at a much better discount than QVC offers. I do feel much of this is due to the customers. QVC offers a great return policy, wear it/use it for 30 days, and return. I feel it is abused by many which in turn, other customers end up with a defective product.

What I am unclear about, Ebay sells QVC as well as HSN items that are said to be customer returns. I have bought so many items from Ebay and 99% look brand new. In some cases, better than new items direct from QVC. How does this happen? How do Ebay sellers get such great items yet QVC sells new and "as is" items in poorer condition. I find it puzzling. 

Honored Contributor

@kmd3758 : How are bottoms? If they are dirty they have been worn.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Occasional Contributor

Dirty.  Clearly they were worn.  Maybe by someone who wore them out and about for a day and changed their mind, but dirty with worn edges.  That is not what I paid for.

Esteemed Contributor

@kmd3758 wrote:

For the second time in a month I have received used shoes when paying for new.  Both pairs are Ryka.  I get shoes in a box with no packaging.  No inserts, no stickers with size on the bottom, no plastic, no tissue.  So now I have to go thru the process of sending in the request, packing them up and taking them to the post office on my time and my dime (gas money).  Sure, I eventually get my money back, but I have to keep watching my account to make sure I get the credit and that it is for the full amount.  Sick and tired and giving up.

You can go to USPS website and have them pick up at your home. Just fill out the request form. It is easier than going to the post office. Just a suggestion.

Super Contributor

@kmd3758 

I can understand your frustration in that you're paying full price for a brand-new item, and you're receiving an used item. However, if you really like the item, and it's what you want, I would contact the QVC social team or call up customer service and ask if they'll discount the item for you. HSN has done this for me--granted it was a few years ago when they did this. Still, it might be worth your while. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 usually the Ebay sellers buy pallets of overstock items from QVC/HSN. There used to be info on QVC's website (maybe still is, but I haven't checked in a while) with info on buying pallets of merchandise.

Super Contributor

@kmd3758   I agree!  If the bottom of shoes are dirty then they are used!  My sister purchased a pair of Skechers from QVC and showed me how dirty they were.  There was no way that these hadn't been worn outside the house.   

Super Contributor

@elated   Great suggestion.  I will admit if the dirty part of the shoe isn't visible and the inside of the shoe is pretty much clean and no order, then ask QVC if they can issue a discount.  Even offer to send the person a picture.