Trusted Contributor

Used clothing sold as new-- disgusting

Shopping online is supposed to be a convenience. 

I just received a top that was sold "as new". It reeks of perfume. Now, I have to wait on line at the post office to return this stinky item. What a way to spend my day off. Waiting on line at a post office in NYC is such a joy.

It would be one thing if it were my fault. But, it's a disguising practice to sell smelly used clothes as new. 

Never again. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Used clothing sold as new-- disgusting

I know the feeling.I returned a sweater from E ____e that had dark stains in the front. On top of that, it is taking way too long for a refund ):

Honored Contributor

Have you ever tried on a new item off a rack at the department store that had perfume or make-up on it? They call it new too.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Have you ever tried on a new item off a rack at the department store that had perfume or make-up on it? They call it new too."

In that case, I neither try it on, nor, buy it.  When I donate used clothes, I have the decency to wash them. Ugh 🤐

Respected Contributor

Just wash it Then it won't smell. Less expensive than sending back. I wash my clothes before wearing anyway.

Honored Contributor

The worse part is that the hosts say repeatedly on QVC  that you are buying clothes that have never been worn....unlike buying in stores.  Such a lie when the clothes  on QVC are  worn... and if returned,   Just repackaged to sell to someone else. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Just wash it Then it won't smell. Less expensive than sending back. I wash my clothes before wearing anyway."

No, thank you. That's not the point. The clothes QVC sells, unless specified "as is", are supposed to be brand new-- never tried on by anyone. Out of the hosts' mouths.

In a b&m store, you know others have tried the clothes on and/or have been returned. No lies; no deceit.

ETA.  @SeaMaiden

You said exactly the same thing as me as I was typing. 😀

Trusted Contributor

I got one that stunk so bad, as if the person only bathed weekly and wore it a couple days. Whoever repackaged mine HAD to have smelled it. It was GROSS!

Contributor

I just received a Susan Graver jacket and it was definitely worn by another person. It was not even zippered closed. Just place in a plastic bag and sent out. I was very disappointed with Qvc. I thought they were above such "tricks". Since I really needed it , and didn't have the time to send it back and order another one, I took it to the cleaners and PAID to have it cleaned. Hosts all say everything is new, clean and not been tried on as in the stores, I'm very disappointed. I really thought they were above this!!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two SG jackets....a long while ago...I don't buy her stuff but i thought i would take a chance...

When they arrived...one was all nicely packaged...and the other one was a mess...not only that...it must have been laundered as it had that "washed" look and it shrunk down in size compared to the other one ....

They didn't fit right so they were sent back...

I am guessing that the returns are never really looked at to make sure they are in resellable condition...