Trusted Contributor

Re: Used clothing sold as new-- disgusting

I find this, perhaps, one of the sillier complaints I have seen here.

Yes, one will occasioanlly get returned prooducts from QVC.  Usually, these are [roducts which ahve been returned andappear as new (in other words, customerschanged their mind and the item was not used).  Bear in mind,thougj, that the warhouse staff deal with thousands of incoming and outgoing packages daily, so occasionally one will slip through.  While unfortunate, it happens.

Of course, there are ways around it.QVC could avoid doing this completely or hire more warehouse staff to ensure it doesn't happen.  Both ways, of course, will drive up costios, and as weknow, most people here are constantly complaining about the costs of both merchandise and shipping and handling.

Just washg irt or return it.  In either case, it is hardly a capital offense.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby

No-one called it a "capital offense". I called it "disgusting". What IS offensive, however, is your dismissiveness.

Stating that items are brand new from the warehouse when, clearly, they are not, is a lie. It's a bait-and-switch. It's illegal, not to mention, unethical. 

"Bear in mind,thougj, that the warhouse staff deal with thousands of incoming and outgoing packages daily, so occasionally one will slip through..."

Quality control exists for a reason. It is their job to see that this doesn't happen. What happened to me is not an anomaly at QVC.

"Of course, there are ways around it.QVC could avoid doing this completely or hire more warehouse staff to ensure it doesn't happen.  Both ways, of course, will drive up costios, and as weknow, most people here are constantly complaining about the costs of both merchandise and shipping and handling."

Puhleeze. That's what doing business is about- providing  what you say you will. Stop putting the onus on the customer. 

Honored Contributor

Put the return label on it and drop in any mailbox or give to a carrier.   You don't have to wait.   Call CS and tell them it was in poor condition and they won't charge you postage.   If somebody tried it on and sent it back it was new.   I've purchased hundreds of clothing items from QVC and have never received a "used" item. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i cant say i have ever heard hosts say that "it has never been tried on by anyone."

people return new items and they are sent out to others. they are still brand new. that is why qvc has waitlist.

evidently though there are some returns that slip through the cracks......and shouldnt be resold as new. maybe it should have been sold as an as is item or maybe it should have been sent to a qvc outlet.  if you received a used item, you can wash it/dry clean it and call qvc for a partial refund......i have done this before on items that need "repairs." if you dont want to do that then you can return it on their dime. it can be dropped off at any ups or usps shipping facility since it is prepaid.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I've heard a lot of sales pitches from hosts, but like you, I haven't heard them say everything in new and has never been tried on by anyone else.  I know I've received returned items, but only once was an item smelly.

Honored Contributor

No thank you, 75% off maybe, but not full price.

If I pay top dollar, I have expectations of a top product.

Which is why I don't buy clothes online, ,from anywhere.

@CLHS68 wrote:

Just wash it Then it won't smell. Less expensive than sending back. I wash my clothes before wearing anyway.

Honored Contributor

This is the exact reason why I would never purchase an EMJOI or Clarisonic or anyother personal care item from QVC.   I would hurl if it was "used".

@MRSTH wrote:

Shopping online is supposed to be a convenience. 

I just received a top that was sold "as new". It reeks of perfume. Now, I have to wait on line at the post office to return this stinky item. What a way to spend my day off. Waiting on line at a post office in NYC is such a joy.

It would be one thing if it were my fault. But, it's a disguising practice to sell smelly used clothes as new. 

Never again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Many of the return items that I paid full price and I could tell they were returns clothing or not it's disgusting.  All that should be under the title of "as is" and the buyer should decide if they want that risk.

Q is following Amazon's lead where buyers load up on return items to sell.

Even those sellers are dishonest in their "new" items. Q is slowly losing their trust thus the decline.

Honored Contributor

I think that all of the returned clothing should be sold as is so that people buying these items will know what they are getting.The hosts do keep telling us that everything is new and not tried on when we receive it so it makes sense that the returns don't support that statement.

Honored Contributor

@hopiI agree with you and just finished repeating what you said..I guess we posted at about the same time.Happy New Year to you.!