Occasional Contributor

Used QVC return label and mailed today 12/28- tracking says it has been in transit since 11/7

Has anyone else had this occur? I purchased a WORX light for my husband and it did not work. Took return label out of plastic pouch attached to the box and taped it over the original label and scheduled USPS pick up. There was no QVC related return form enclosed with my package. Item was shipped in the original box to me, with a return address that was not a QVC address. I took a photo of the return package label with my phone after I boxed it up and attached the return label. This evening I decided to check the tracking history on USPS website and was shocked to see that my package started out in DE on November 7th! It states that the package associated with my tracking number arrived TODAY in San Diego. I called CS and they said not to worry it would still get back to them. I told them that I had enclosed a hard written a note inside the box (because there was no return portion to fill out attached to the QVC return label) with the item number and order number and how I wanted it refunded. I figured that the tracking number on my return label was somehow attached to my order. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am concerned as this was an expensive item at $84 and I don't have any proof that I mailed it other than the photo I have of the return label on the box. I believe this item shipped directly from the tool company called WORX to our home, and that may have been why it didn't have any QVC Return form enclosed. Just very concerned that the tracking number again, shows that this package has been in transit for well over a month and has arrived in San Diego today.  Thank you in advance for any feedback. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Used QVC return label and mailed today 12/28- tracking says it has been in transit since 11/7

@vonhonabon 

Email your order # and details to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com, they're the best with CS issues and they'll see your email faster than finding your thread here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Used QVC return label and mailed today 12/28- tracking says it has been in transit since 11/7

Will do- thank you!

Honored Contributor

You haven't given the package time to be picked up by the Qs shipping agent and registered with the shipper.  This could take several days.  Don't worry about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I always make sure that I get a receipt from the post office, even if using the QVC return label, to prove that I mailed the item back.

Occasional Contributor

What I am worried about is that I mailed it TODAY FROM AZ and the USPS tracking number has the tracking number ALREADY IN USE! It says that my tracking number from the label that I mailed out TODAY FROM AZ STARTED OUT IN DELAWARE ON 11/7. Sorry for the confusion. Basically the tracking number on my return label has already been used. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes absolutely should have done that. CS told me all I had to do was hand it to postal carrier. She advised that as soon as it was scanned they have proof of mailing and it would be covered by QVC insured label. This is a completely different issue. The tracking number is already in use. Crazy. Fingers and toes crossed. Thanks for your input.

Honored Contributor

@ceh wrote:

I always make sure that I get a receipt from the post office, even if using the QVC return label, to prove that I mailed the item back.

@ceh 

The OP didn't take it to USPS, she had them pick it up, so she wouldn't have a 'receipt'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@vonhonabon wrote:

Yes absolutely should have done that. CS told me all I had to do was hand it to postal carrier. She advised that as soon as it was scanned they have proof of mailing and it would be covered by QVC insured label. This is a completely different issue. The tracking number is already in use. Crazy. Fingers and toes crossed. Thanks for your input.

@vonhonabon 

That's true, by using the return label it IS already insured, you don't need any 'proof' that you mailed it.

As mentioned by @Kachina624 above, it hasn't been 'in the system' long enough for any accurate tracking, but I know it's confusing when it appears that the tracking # has already been used.

Did you email/get a response from the social team?

Occasional Contributor

Okay thank you again. No I haven't heard back from them yet.