Respected Contributor

@eaesquire wrote:

@Kachina624  When you return clothes to a department store, they have to have the tags on and be in good condition.  Department stores don't accept used and abused clothing without tags and put it back on the rack as brand new.  Also, when I buy what might have been a return at a department store, I'm holding it in my hand and able to examine it for signs of damage, and I can see whether or not it has the original tags on it.  That governs my decision to buy.

The point of this thread is that QVC appears to be accepting returns and then sending them out to other shoppers without having inspected them first.  People are getting used and abused clothing items (charged to them at full price) as if those items are new.  That's what we're talking about.  We have an expectation that QVC is inspecting returns to make sure the items are in good condition before they simply ship them out to the next gal.  Some of the people on this thread, me for example, have experienced situations where QVC does not appear to be doing that. Some returns are not fit for resale, but QVC is shipping them out anyway.  I am glad it has not happened to you and hope it never does.

I got a dirty pair of jeans from QVC with no tags on it.  I am not sure if you are trying to convince people that it we didn't actually have these experiences or that we should be ok with "returns" in that condition because we shouldn't "expect stores to throw [returns] out."  It is not ok, I doubt you would be happy about it if it ever happened to you, and QVC needs to address that issue in their shipping/returns chain.

Well said @eaesquire Some here defend QVC at any expence.  Let's be honest, none of us want "used/abused" clothing!  This is a warehouse/returns problem that QVC HAS to fix.

My worst clothing issue was a print Susan Graver blouse that had a big orange makeup stain all across the front.  I certianly returned it but when I called CS I was told it "couldn't possably be used" because all new items came from a different warehouse!  I got a dirty used blouse from the "new items" warehouse???  No way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 ... I once received a "new", expensive, leather handbag from QVC that had half eaten candy and empty candy wrappers inside.  Of  course, I sent it right back!!

Respected Contributor

I've only had one bad experience, and it was years ago.  I ordered a wallet (it was a sale price, but this was before they sold "as is.").  Inside the wallet was a work ID for a woman in a different state!  

I was horrified...mailed the ID to the woman, since her address was on the ID.

Honored Contributor

I'm telling you that in my experience these things haven't happened.  I average over 30 pieces of clothing a month from QVC and have for a long time, so there have been many returns received here.  They've all been neatly folded with fresh tissue paper between layers. 

The only odors I've detected have been on occasional denim pieces, the musty smell that has nothing to do with being a return (often on the brand new).  I've seen no stains or anything in pockets, no sign they even been tried on.  I don't think it's possible they haven't been inspected since they are freshly packaged.  It's possible there is occasional employee sabatoge.  I never order "as is" merchandise; perhaps others do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

When i opened the bag i thought it had a funny smell but sometimes the clothing has just a smell because how it was processed.  Then i figured out it was Perfume i was smelling. I had a thought oh well i will just wash it and then i started to look it over and that is when i saw that the LOGO Tags had been cut out of the top.  I was Mad by that Point.  The answer i got back from Customer care was oh well just send it back.  REALLY.  Like No Big DEAL!!  First of all it has someone's Cooties all over it.  But No Big Deal.  Not that Covid-19 has anything to do with it.  To make matters worse i just got a pair of Spenco Thong Sandals not in the Spenco Box but in a QVC box with tissue stuck between the toe post.  I am not buying second hand stuff here at least i thought i was not.  Is this what it has come to.  Also the size sent was a 6w.  Wrong again............Another BACK IT GOES............I AM DONE FOR SURE NOW!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Arizona sunsetI have been as mad as you are!  I'm sorry this happened to you.  It's even worse when our world is not normal now.  You will look back at this and feel better.  Until them take care and if possible do the old "brick & motar" shopping.  Our state is open for the most part!

Respected Contributor

I shouldn't have to, but I do this everytime I return something. I tape a post it to the plastic bag it comes in. On this I write "Just tried this on never worn" or "This was worn and color ran or shrunk" or whatever the issue was. You are all right, this shouldn't happen, but it does. Maybe, Q should have different divisions where you can send worn defective items back within the 30 day time frame. And another division for the never worn or used items. You know, like when jewelry and accessories are sent to a different address than say clothing. We shouldn't have to attach little notes, but it may just be  helpful. They could make their return slip larger and include something like that to it. Can you imagine all the workers going through the thousands of returns new or abused clothing? You must just start having tunnel vision after awhile 😂 and confuse the piles! As customers we shouldn't have to give ideas on how to run Q's returns department. Surely someone there gets paid the big bucks on how to come up with solutions! They wouldn't look here for ideas from customers, now would they?? HMMMMM. If they do and they use my idea I'd like to be offered a job there and paid for my great ideas 😂  but I won't hold my breath, although my idea is excellent.