Respected Contributor

Re: Used Blanket Sent as New! Reported to BBB!

I have a terrible problem with anything that ships in a plasctic bag thru UPS.  The drivers kick them and step on them.  Some are so dirty I have to wipe them off before opening. I've taken photos of them before and sent them back to the seller - especially if the item is damaged

Honored Contributor

Yes, I and others here experienced something similar several times.

I think their scanning robot isn't catching things it should.  There's nothing like human eyes checking over everything that's returned.  

Esteemed Contributor

An open package could result in a dirty item.

I’m not saying it happened her, but I think a lot of people don’t want to pay the return shipping, and they embellish a little.

Honored Contributor

I highly doubt contacting BBB was necessary ...too much drama over a blanket.

Do as others have said contact the mods here, you'd be amazed how quickly they'll refund your $$ and you are not charged for return shipping for defective or used merchandise.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no issue with how the OP handled their issue.  They reported it to QVC CS and apparently have to return the purchase.  Reporting to BBB is also her choice.  While BBB is not an enforcement agency they do provide consumers valuable information including acceleration and consumer ratings (currently QVC is not accredited)

I will not accept an item that I pay full price or sale price for that is a return.  I was sent a top, about $50 stuffed in a bag, went right back as did a handbag when the hardware was not wrapped.  IMO, since I have to pay when shipped without inspecting the merchandise We should be informed it is a return and I personally would pass as I pass on "as is."

I use the same criteria for purchases from any on line sites from Amazon to Nordstrom.  Not picking on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac I don't see where the OP wrote that she contacted customer service.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

@mspatmac I don't see where the OP wrote that she contacted customer service.  

@Tori3569 

Hi. This is part of her post.  I had to reread to find it!  Thought I had another senior moment  LOL

"Now I have to mail it back and it's a 50% chance they will charge me shipping or not, even though I called customer service.  

Honored Contributor

I don't get why (if she called and spoke to CS) that there is a 50% change she will be charged.  When speaking with CS they note everything in the file so there will be appropriate info.  Should she not receive a full refund she can always call to straighten it out.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry @mspatmac !  I missed it too.  But @rms1954 is right, they would have made a notation on her account and not charged return shipping.  

Honored Contributor

@casterp Didn't you recently state something to the fact that there will be no ordering from QVC for you?