Honored Contributor

Re: Used Blanket Sent as New! Reported to BBB!

@casterp 

BBB?  Oh please.  That's a non-profit group that receives money from it's members (the accredited companies) to survive.  It has no regulatory function or power.  Years ago people used to think it was a mighty organization because of it's pseudo-powerful name it gave itself, but it does not.  

In the 25 years I've shopped at QVC, to my knowledge, I've never received anyone's used item.  I have received a handful of items obviously banged up in shipping due to inadequate packaging, and a couple of those ripped packages damaged the item.  I emailed customer service and they took care of the matter immediately. No problem. 

You should also know that a lot of items come directly from the brand's own warehouse, and not QVC.

I don't understand your 50% chance comment at all.  If you called QVC customer service, what response did they give you?   You seem to have left that big part out.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@casterp 

It will only accomplish making YOU feel better.

The BBB has no authority what-so-ever.

You absolutely will NOT have to pay return shipping.  Attach a return label, schedule a free pick up.

If you don't receive a full refund, the Mods will make it right for you immediately.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@casterp It sounds as if the package may have been ripped open during shipping.

Maybe it got dirty that way.

I'm sorry that you were so upset.

Kind of what I was thinking too!  I know there's issues with quality/shipping, but I find it so unlikely that QVC shipped a used, dirty rolled up blanket.  But I could be wrong... at least give them time to resolve.  It's a busy time of year for retailers.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I once received a new, expensive, leather handbag ... not an "as is" item..... from QVC that was dirty and had half eaten candy and candy wrappers inside.  It was gross!!   Obviously,  I returned it and received a full refund.   OP is not the first person to have this problem with QVC.  

Respected Contributor

Perhaps it's just me, but if 18 of my 19 post to a retailer's message board consisted of negativity then perhaps I would follow through with prior comments to no longer make a purchase with this retailer.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is not the only company that sends out returns. I ordered a Revlon Hair Dryer fromTarget. It was a good price. I received the hair dryer with long strands of hair in the brush. I was very perturbed. I called Target CS and was given a credit plus told not to send it back. I thought they handled it well but was wondering why someone thought it was ok to send. 

Contributor

I had the same thing happen yesterday on a handbag.   Got someone else's return sent in a lousy bag and not box and dust cover was not even in there.      I immediately called customer service and they are nice and sent out a replacement.    BUT shame on the shipping department and shame on QVC reviews that hide this sort of thing on reviews!

I wrote a review which is sitting there with lower stars (not for the item but for the shipping department and they are hiding my review from the general public.   How shady.    The purse was nice, the customer service agent helpful but reviews will not post what happened to me getting a used handbag shoved in a bag and missing items sent to me.     This is a BAD shipiping department and QVC does not seem to give a ******

Esteemed Contributor

I have received packages that had dirt marks on the outside - but the contents were fine.   When you consider how many millions of packaged the post office handles every day, scuff marks or dirty marks seem reasonable to me.  UPS is even worse in my experience.   I have received boxes that were crushed.  As long as the contents aren't damaged, it's definitely not a worry or concern for me

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The BBB thing is a little silly. Don't know if that is a function of the BBB.

Did you Google the BBB before going faaaaaar out on a limb or talking to CS?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man