Contributor

Used Blanket Sent as New! Reported to BBB!

I have received a few items from QVC purchased as new and received a used item.  Yesterday I received a blanket that I bought as new.  It was rolled up in a mailer (not in a plastic bag--just the mailer), which had ripped open and part of the blanket was sticking out.  The blanket was dirty and smelly and obviously someone's return.  This is just disgusting and unethical selling practices.  Why are QVC employees putting returns back in stock as new?  Bedding should not even be put back in stock at all (as well as bras and underwear) in my opinion!  Now I have to mail it back and it's a 50% chance they will charge me shipping or not, even though I called customer service.  I have reported this to the BBB, because I feel that by repeatedly selling used items as new and then making you pay shipping to return is unethical.  Two of BBB's definitions of unethical selling practices are "not fully disclosing information" and "misrepresenting your products."  If you receive used products sold as new, I would encourage you to report it also.  This might stop this practice!

Honored Contributor

Re: Used Blanket Sent as New! Reported to BBB!

Their new products are packaged well but a dirty blanket is just plain gross. If the person processing your return doesn't refund your shipping, contact the QVC social team. They provide exceptional service.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have been grossed out and greatly annoyed. However, I think you jumped the gun so to speak. If you had reached out to QVC, and they did not make the error correct, including a refund for the shipping then you would have had cause to report to the BBB. 

Contributor

I often see this happen on Amazon as well. I can imagine it was very disappointing☹️

Super Contributor

This blanket should have been sold "as is" and priced accordingly. I've never received anything used from Amazon, however I have from QVC. Disgusting. The Q was doing this before the pandemic. I'm afraid cost cutting has only made things worse. You were within your rights to file a complaint but I agree with the other poster in that you could have given QVC the opportunity to make it right. They have policies in place for mistakes like this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@casterp The BBB? Seriously? You need to email all the  info to:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are excellent at handling these problems.

Trusted Contributor

Why wouldn't you give the company a chance to make it right before heading over to the BBB? 

Honored Contributor

@casterp    You need to get your facts straight.

1. QVC does not repeatedly resell used items.  They do sell returned items in new condition, just as stores do.  In over 30 years of shopping a lot, I've never received an item that wasn't in pristine condition.  I've received many returns.

2. If an item is defective in any way, the customer is not expected to pay return shipping.

3.  If you really did receive something as you describe it, it was a simple error, not a routine occurance.

4.  Not being an enforcement agency, the BBB can do absolutely nothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@casterp It sounds as if the package may have been ripped open during shipping.

Maybe it got dirty that way.

I'm sorry that you were so upset.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I would have been grossed out and greatly annoyed. However, I think you jumped the gun so to speak. If you had reached out to QVC, and they did not make the error correct, including a refund for the shipping then you would have had cause to report to the BBB. 

I too would have contacted CS first so they could have the opportunity to correct the problem.  Just because the mailer was ripped does not = a used item.