Trusted Contributor

Re: Upset- not ordering anymore

My thought on these issues:

Perhaps QVC should have waited to re-vamp their ordering system a few more months until the kinks were ironed out but, no, they rolled it out during the holiday season. Customers had issues with the website, some substantial delivery delays ensued, late deliveries, etc. It appears that it was a complete overhaul of their inventory/ordering system. I can picture the packaging people frantically filling orders.

Perhaps the Q has downsized their inventory staff. Most companies expect employees to do the work of two people these days. This has gotten to a crisis point at my work during the past 4- 5 years. It's probably true for most companies.

I'm sorry you didn't get the outcome you expected.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever noticed that when someone doesn't get their way, they always say that the CSR was "rude" and "uncaring"?

You never see someone say, "I got exactly what I wanted, and was happy about that, but the CSR was rude and uncaring!"

I always take these stories about "rude" and "uncaring" CSRs with a HUGE grain of salt.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not that products are received broken or damaged once in a while, it's the frequency.  It's nice that there are shoppers who aren't victims of this.  

From what I see, boxes are not sturdy enough to handle fragile and heavy items, as well, and products are not packed properly inside the boxes.

I also think it depends on how far items travel from fulfillment centers to our houses.  Those traveling longer distances will be handled, even thrown around more.  

IMO, shippers shouldn't be responsible for checking every box for fragility.  They will be more careful if "FRAGILE" is written on the box, but QVC doesn't have their manufacturers do that.  Oh, I did receive one in the past with fragile written in letters so small on one side I had to look for it.  

As for CS agents, they are the only human contact a customer has with a company.  IMO, it better be a good one.  I've had unacceptable experiences with QVC's CS agents, too. They had nothing to do with not getting what I wanted...it was how I was treated.

QVC uses temps who will make no investment and have little emotional involvement in the company because they are probably being paid low wages, get no benefits, and know they could be let go in the near future. That might explain the uncaring attitude coming from some of them.

Honored Contributor

A CS rep has to follow guidelines but if something is obviously broken. a picture should be enough for a new item to be sent out.  It would save everyone a lot of work.  

Valued Contributor

I have worked many retail jobs and at most places I have worked, returned items that can't be resold are returned to the vendor for a credit.  So it makes sense to return a damaged item.

Honored Contributor

@haille70  good lesson...BUY LOCAL.

Honored Contributor

OK ma'am.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

It's not that products are received broken or damaged once in a while, it's the frequency.  It's nice that there are shoppers who aren't victims of this.  

From what I see, boxes are not sturdy enough to handle fragile and heavy items, as well, and products are not packed properly inside the boxes.

I also think it depends on how far items travel from fulfillment centers to our houses.  Those traveling longer distances will be handled, even thrown around more.  

IMO, shippers shouldn't be responsible for checking every box for fragility.  They will be more careful if "FRAGILE" is written on the box, but QVC doesn't have their manufacturers do that.  Oh, I did receive one in the past with fragile written in letters so small on one side I had to look for it.  

As for CS agents, they are the only human contact a customer has with a company.  IMO, it better be a good one.  I've had unacceptable experiences with QVC's CS agents, too. They had nothing to do with not getting what I wanted...it was how I was treated.

QVC uses temps who will make no investment and have little emotional involvement in the company because they are probably being paid low wages, get no benefits, and know they could be let go in the near future. That might explain the uncaring attitude coming from some of them.

@haille70  - Sorry you treated uncaring on the phone with the CS rep.  As @Foxxee stated above, it's not just about not getting what you wanted, but how you were treated.  IMO, it's a hit or miss with QVC's customer service reps.  Too bad she could care less about you taking your business elsewhere.  Not a good way to represent the Q. 

Valued Contributor

@haille70  Sorry you are having to deal with that! I know I would be upset too, b/c when you order something you expect that it will arrive in at least a usable condition...which this obviously did not. So, what is a person to do when this happens? Call the company from which they ordered the item! I am sorry that the agent was from what it sounds like, less than apologetic which causing even further frustration to someone who is already irritated (rightfully so)....at any rate, I hope you are either able to get a replacement (if you even want one) or just call it a loss and at least get your money back! (that's what I'd probably do)

Take care!

~ Hope in TN ~
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if you realize this but some items are shpped directly from the manufacturer and QVC can't control it.

Like US mail once it's in the system and mailed and or shipped QVC can't go looking for your particular package and put it direclty in your hands.  It's the risk you take ordering from QVC.