New Contributor
I just received another order from QVC today that came regular US mail.. took forever to get here.. arrived in a box in bad shape.. and "rattled" as I picked it up. I was sure it was broken. It was an "as is" order of two hurricanes with light strands. Well, to my surprise, it was only the battery box of one of the light strands that had broke. I thought, "Oh, good.. maybe if I call, they can just send me a new light strand."
I called and exained to the CSA what had happened. Nope, couldn't just send me a new light strand. I have to.pack up the whole thing and send it all back. I was frustrated and told her how a LOT of my Fall and Christmas items took forever to get to me and were broken. I stated what an inconvenience it is to have to keep packing everything back up and going to the post office to send things back.. and that I probably won't be ordering much anymore. What? Now, I have to send it back.. wait 2 weeks for them to get it.. HOPE they still have the item.. wait another 2/3 weeks to get a new one.. and hope the new one isn't broken? All for just a light strand? Really??
I was shocked at her uncaring response of, "okay ma'am" when I told her they would be losing my business. You know, over the holidays, I saw SO many posts from people getting defective/broken items and fixing them the best they could rather than returning because QVC was out of stock and they wouldn't get another one... you should NEVER have to pay full price for a broken or defective item. I'm very disappointed at the quality and condition of most of my items this past holiday and Fall season. The attitude of this representative really shows how QVC doesn't care very much about it's customers. I'm taking my time and returning yet another item.... and because of this, won't be ordering again. Very, very sad...
Honored Contributor

Re: Upset- not ordering anymore

Oh good! Think of all the money you'll save kicking QVC to the curb!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't get why some customers don't understand that the CS reps can't do anything in this situation.  These things are sold as a unit (the hurricane lamp with light strand).  They are not sold as individual pieces, so CS can't order a replacement part.

Given that most of these things are from China and are supplied by the vendor's manufacturer, the only option is to return the entire product and get a replacement, at no additional expense to the customer.  Whether it's new or "As Is", the same applies.

As for the CS rep saying "Okay, ma'am" - I'd say that was a fairly polite response.  (And very likely not what the rep was thinking!)  What else did the OP expect the rep to say?  "Please, please, please don't leave us?"  Not going to happen; some things are beyond the CS rep's control and they do the best they can.  If you choose to take your business elsewhere, that's your choice.

New Contributor

That's funny since a relative of mine got an entirely different response when calling about a "unit" that came missing light strands.. and they actually sent her just the light strands. But.. glad you know it all. In addition, yes.. it is my choice to shop elsewhere and I will. It's also a forum where I can voice my frustration and disgust over the quality and condition of products which has been poor... I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. Talking with the rep.. I can surely say, she was not polite.
Honored Contributor

@haille70. I think it's you who are being unreasonable.  Fragile items get broken in shipment; it's a sad fact of life.  Can you imagine the mess if QVC attempted to stock parts for the thousands of items they sell?  It would be impossible so they ask you to return the item and send you a new intact item.

What did you expect the "uncaring" CSR to say or do, break into sobs?

You do not have to go to the post office.  Package your return, use the return label, go on the USPS website and request a pick up.  They'll come and get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

sometimes if i receive a damaged item or something is missing, i ask for a partial credit. they are good about giving you a partial credit to your account and it is a lot easier than packaging it up and returning it. a light strand is easily obtained on amazon for a relatively low price. i purchased a lot of those fairy lights from both qvc and amazon this holiday season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@haille70  I'm sorry your order came with the broken light strand.  Although most of my orders arrive in good condition, I have had a couple of items arrived damaged.  If it something I really had my heart set on and the damage was something I could work with, I have called customer service and explained the damage and they  typically give me a partial refund. 

I know I have seen the light strands available at several places for a reasonable price.  Maybe that would be an option instead of having to pack it all up and send it back?  I understand your frustration, but this could be an option.

I hope it all works out!

Super Contributor

@sunshine45  You and I were posting similar thoughts at the exact same time! :-)

Honored Contributor

Oh no.  I'll never get to sleep tonight.

Honored Contributor

It seems quite a few people were disappointed with their orders this season. I don't know,but it seems certain parts of the country have to wait forever for their orders and the people who deliver the stuff are not careful enough with the packages. You always take a chance when you mail order. The CS reps do not seem to have the power they once had, it seems everything is written in stone these days. I don't ever talk to a CS rep anymore, I email them and they get back to me right away no miss no fuss.