New Contributor

Unacceptable Customer Support

I recently had to deal with QVC customer support via telephone, the experience was unacceptable and not becoming of a once-reputable company. Here is my experience.

I purchased an electronic product (DJI Spark Drone) via QVC on 05/28/2019 for 6 "Easy Payments" of $133.84. The first payment was made at the time of purchase, the next payment is due in 3 days time. All was well, product arrived after some delay (sat in QVC's warehouse for 6 days prior to shipping) and have been enjoying it since.

3 days ago, on 06/24/2019, I decided to purchase another DJI drone from QVC since they offered their 6 "Easy Payments" option again and did so without incident. The payments were to be $218 per month, including the first payment of $218 which I already made. It was scheduled to be delivered on 06/26/2019. When it didn't arrive, I logged into QVC to check its status only to find a cryptic message titled "Contact CS" - which I promptly did and spoke to an individual who verified my contact information as well as my identity. 

After verifying my identity, the CS rep proceded to inform me I had apparently exceeded QVC's internal credit limit and would either have to 1) cancel the order or 2) pay for it in full. Because Amazon had the product for ~$100.00 cheaper (without "Easy Pay") I decided to purchase it there instead and kindly requested the CS rep cancel the order which she politely obliged.

Immediately after getting off the telephone, I attempted to log back into my QVC account to verify it had been removed and to see an indication that my $218 (payment one for the second now-cancelled item) had been refunded. Much to my dismay, I was unable to log into my account in good-standing which lead to me contacting QVC support for a second time.

The second call was a waste of time as I was hung up on after waiting several minutes on hold. At this point, I immediately call back and manage to quickly get ahold of a kind lady who informed me that "disabling an account" was standard practice when canceling an item and assured me I'd be able to log back in within the hour. After the promised hour elapsed, I attempted to log in without success. I tried a second time. And a third, fourth, fifth and sixth time at varying points throughout the day (yesterday-06/26) without success.

This morning, I also attempted to log in without success. At this point, I decided to test the CS rep's information and create an account with the same email address I had used initially. Much to my surprise, it worked - this tells me my user account had been inexplicably deleted entirely (by an incompetent or lazy CS rep)

So, QVC, here is my ultimatum. You will either 1) verifiably apply the $218 to "Easy Pay" product #1 or you will refund the $218 amount in full within 24 hours or I will dispute the charge for product #2 with my bank. I am keeping product #1 in accordance with the original contractual agreement (via "Easy Pay") but since product #2 was canceled (after accepting my payment) I expect it refunded or applied to my other purchase (product #1) - and I do not care which.

Never in my life have I spoke to multiple reps and gotten as many different answers. This tells me they are entirely lacking knowledgebase resources or any sort of meaningful supervision, and are essentially making up the information as they go along.

I will be doing future shopping with HSN or purchasing the product outright as QVC is in breach of contract with regard to product #2. I expect a reply in short order, as well as rapid resolution of this issue.

New Contributor

Re: Unacceptable Customer Support

Addendum: I keep extremely detailed records (printouts, screenshots, names, numbers and recorded telephone conversations) and am prepared to take legal action with regard to QVC's breach of contract should this matter fail to reach an acceptable resolution under the contract agreement up to and including placing liens on the property of individual staff members acting outside the scope authorized by their employer (QVC, affiliates or subsidaries) 

Respected Contributor

WOW Mike911 this is a mess.  I’ve never heard of such a run around.  I am so confused but have no doubt this could also happen to any of us so I thank you for detailing your situation.  Really hope you get resolution soon. 

Just FYI I don’t shop here anymore but check in with community periodically.  Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

Oh my.  

Hopefully a mod can assist you. @Beth-QVC 

Honored Contributor

email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com for MOD support and investigation.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Mike911, please keep us updated on how this matter is going.  You're right, this was unacceptable, any reputable company would move swiftly to rectify the mattter.  QVC no longer seems to be the company it once was, and I for one will not be surprised to see it go down the tubes one day at the rate things are going.  

QVC Customer Care

@Mike911 wrote:

I recently had to deal with QVC customer support via telephone, the experience was unacceptable and not becoming of a once-reputable company. Here is my experience.

I purchased an electronic product (DJI Spark Drone) via QVC on 05/28/2019 for 6 "Easy Payments" of $133.84. The first payment was made at the time of purchase, the next payment is due in 3 days time. All was well, product arrived after some delay (sat in QVC's warehouse for 6 days prior to shipping) and have been enjoying it since.

3 days ago, on 06/24/2019, I decided to purchase another DJI drone from QVC since they offered their 6 "Easy Payments" option again and did so without incident. The payments were to be $218 per month, including the first payment of $218 which I already made. It was scheduled to be delivered on 06/26/2019. When it didn't arrive, I logged into QVC to check its status only to find a cryptic message titled "Contact CS" - which I promptly did and spoke to an individual who verified my contact information as well as my identity. 

After verifying my identity, the CS rep proceded to inform me I had apparently exceeded QVC's internal credit limit and would either have to 1) cancel the order or 2) pay for it in full. Because Amazon had the product for ~$100.00 cheaper (without "Easy Pay") I decided to purchase it there instead and kindly requested the CS rep cancel the order which she politely obliged.

Immediately after getting off the telephone, I attempted to log back into my QVC account to verify it had been removed and to see an indication that my $218 (payment one for the second now-cancelled item) had been refunded. Much to my dismay, I was unable to log into my account in good-standing which lead to me contacting QVC support for a second time.

The second call was a waste of time as I was hung up on after waiting several minutes on hold. At this point, I immediately call back and manage to quickly get ahold of a kind lady who informed me that "disabling an account" was standard practice when canceling an item and assured me I'd be able to log back in within the hour. After the promised hour elapsed, I attempted to log in without success. I tried a second time. And a third, fourth, fifth and sixth time at varying points throughout the day (yesterday-06/26) without success.

This morning, I also attempted to log in without success. At this point, I decided to test the CS rep's information and create an account with the same email address I had used initially. Much to my surprise, it worked - this tells me my user account had been inexplicably deleted entirely (by an incompetent or lazy CS rep)

So, QVC, here is my ultimatum. You will either 1) verifiably apply the $218 to "Easy Pay" product #1 or you will refund the $218 amount in full within 24 hours or I will dispute the charge for product #2 with my bank. I am keeping product #1 in accordance with the original contractual agreement (via "Easy Pay") but since product #2 was canceled (after accepting my payment) I expect it refunded or applied to my other purchase (product #1) - and I do not care which.

Never in my life have I spoke to multiple reps and gotten as many different answers. This tells me they are entirely lacking knowledgebase resources or any sort of meaningful supervision, and are essentially making up the information as they go along.

I will be doing future shopping with HSN or purchasing the product outright as QVC is in breach of contract with regard to product #2. I expect a reply in short order, as well as rapid resolution of this issue.

@Mike911   I am sorry to see that this has happened. Let me take a look at the order and follow up by email. 

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well QVC is not the only place with poor CS. Every place I call is like that. I dread it when I have to call any CS.

It's my worst nightmare. LOL!!!

Generally I get it's in your husbands name so we cannot talk to you BS. No it's in both of our names.

At any rate if you buy from HSN you are still buying from QVC since they are owned by the same company.

Good Luck getting your refund or applied to your 1st purchase.

Just look at what we have to deal with as we age.

I can understand why Q put a hold on the 2nd purchase for you to call 1st. They most likely wanted to make sure it was you since it was the 2nd purchase of the same item in a large amount.

Honored Contributor

If you want a real nightmare, get hooked up with CS at EvineLive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the situation but QVC will never move the money from one item already canceled to an easy pay for a previously purchased item.

They refunded the item, talk to your bank about getting the money sooner

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.