Regular Contributor

Unable to sign- in on QVC main page

Is anyone else unable to sign-in on QVC main page? Smiley Frustrated

I have not be able to go through the main page for signing in for about 10 days now.  It finally dawned on  me to try getting in through the Forums page.  VOILA!  I'm here. Smiley Surprised

Yes, I did call and CS rep said no one else had called about this issue, but that the web site was having some problems.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to sign- in on QVC main page

[ Edited ]

@MoodeeFan wrote:

Is anyone else unable to sign-in on QVC main page? Smiley Frustrated

I have not be able to go through the main page for signing in for about 10 days now.  It finally dawned on  me to try getting in through the Forums page.  VOILA!  I'm here. Smiley Surprised

Yes, I did call and CS rep said no one else had called about this issue, but that the web site was having some problems.

@MoodeeFan 

I have had no issues here.  👍

Signed on to QVC Main Page successfully on first try every day last 3 weeks.

I even ordered product off my Wish List.

~Life is short. Eat well. You could die tomorrow.~

New Contributor

Dear moodeefan.       I have had tht problem for weeks now. They told me the same thing. No one else has reported this problem! What a crock!!! I can't sign into the Main page either. How are you supposed to check orders. I knew there had to be other people . They don't seem to be doing anything about it through . Guess they have enough money and don't need us customers . They sure knew who I was for this blog though .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoodeeFan and @mertzie,  
Yours are the only 2 reports I've seen so far, so it's highly likely related to your device and or software.

It would help, in troubleshooting this problem, to know specifically what kind of device you use and also what happens, what you see (for example, if there's an error message, what does it say) when you try to login.  

This website is unreasonably sensitive to old browser cookies/cache/website data, so it's important to clear all of that out, quit the browser and relaunch it.  

Also, be sure your browser and operating system software are the most current versions.

Try a different browser, too, to see if that makes a difference for you.

Something else... an old bookmark/favorite can sometimes cause problems -- so try going directly to QVC.com on your search engine.

I apologize if you've already tried these steps with no improvement -- just wanted to try and start some brainstorming with you.  I'm sorry you're having problems -- it's aggravating, isn't it.  Take care, be safe and well.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
New Contributor

I was able to log in to my QVC account the first 2 times after that I keep getting an error. I have tried Firefox and Edge browsers with the same problem. I even tried on my Ipad with the same problem. I called tech support and they weren't much help. I have all the latest updates, have reset my password  and have flushed my cookies. I've even tried disabling security for your website with no luck. The only thing I can actually log in with is my phone. I log into hundreds of websites shopping,banking,forums, etc and nowhere have I had the kind of trouble I have here. I expect there are lots of people who are having the same problem but aren't tech savy enough to know what to do.

New Contributor

MoodeeFan Thanks for you post! After reading the posts here I logged in and posted my complaint as well. After doing so I went straight to my account no problem. That's quite a group of quality programmers they have. LOL

RonPOL

Regular Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MoodeeFan and @mertzie,  
Yours are the only 2 reports I've seen so far, so it's highly likely related to your device and or software.

It would help, in troubleshooting this problem, to know specifically what kind of device you use and also what happens, what you see (for example, if there's an error message, what does it say) when you try to login.  

This website is unreasonably sensitive to old browser cookies/cache/website data, so it's important to clear all of that out, quit the browser and relaunch it.  

Also, be sure your browser and operating system software are the most current versions.

Try a different browser, too, to see if that makes a difference for you.

Something else... an old bookmark/favorite can sometimes cause problems -- so try going directly to QVC.com on your search engine.

I apologize if you've already tried these steps with no improvement -- just wanted to try and start some brainstorming with you.  I'm sorry you're having problems -- it's aggravating, isn't it.  Take care, be safe and well.🌻

@dooBdoo

Thank you for your reply and information.  From the main QVC page, the sign in comes up a little different looking than on this forum page. After entering email and password and clicking the sign in button it just shows a spinning wheel and never loads. 

Yes, I tried different browsers, and going directly to QVC via the search engine.  I have a desk top and that is all I use.  We always clear history, cookies, cache etc before shutting down.  The problem is with QVC, and I was happy to see that I am not the only person with this glitch for logging in. Thanks again, and stay safe. 😷

Regular Contributor

@mertzie wrote:

Dear moodeefan.       I have had tht problem for weeks now. They told me the same thing. No one else has reported this problem! What a crock!!! I can't sign into the Main page either. How are you supposed to check orders. I knew there had to be other people . They don't seem to be doing anything about it through . Guess they have enough money and don't need us customers . They sure knew who I was for this blog though .

@mertzie 

Thanks for your posts, at least I know someone else is having difficulties with the main page sign in! 

Truth is, I do not need to shop here, but I did want to check my account, EZ pay orders and to write a review.  Which I was able to do from this forum sign in.

Take care, stay safe....😷

Honored Contributor

@MoodeeFan. I have had trouble fir almost a week, including today, having to sign in twice, my first sign in not "taking". Today for the first time, after my first attempt I got the message Access Denied to this site by your server" or some such message. But it took my second sign-in attempt.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoodeeFan wrote:

@dooBdoo

Thank you for your reply and information.  From the main QVC page, the sign in comes up a little different looking than on this forum page. After entering email and password and clicking the sign in button it just shows a spinning wheel and never loads. 

Yes, I tried different browsers, and going directly to QVC via the search engine.  I have a desk top and that is all I use.  We always clear history, cookies, cache etc before shutting down.  The problem is with QVC, and I was happy to see that I am not the only person with this glitch for logging in. Thanks again, and stay safe. 😷

Hi, @MoodeeFan!   You're welcome!😊  It bothers me when I see others having these problems, and QVC offers no direct tech support for us.

(important note:  the QVC Social Team members are not tech support, so this isn't their fault and I've found that they watch threads like this and forward reports to the IT staff)   

QVC's website often has problems we don't see with other sites, and we find ourselves going through all sorts of trial and error to get access.   It shouldn't be this way.

You definitely have been through a lot of basic troubleshooting.    So...  the sole problem area is the QVC shopping site?   I can't help but think that means you're finding yourself directed to a cached area of a server that hasn't had proper updates or has major glitches.   Normally, clearing everything out and then going to a search engine to get to the site would bypass that.

Or, using this link:

https://www.qvc.com/

You might want to try resetting your network settings and your router/modem.   If you're using Adobe Flash Player, try disabling that, and be sure no ubercookies/supercookies are hanging around on your device.   What kind of device are you using?   Good wishes to you, and to everyone here!  Take care, everyone.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova