Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to return Gift that was received damaged.

I had this happen with an item that was sent to a family member in the military...in Germany. I paid for it to come to my house, I paid for it to be sent there. I SHOULD have looked at it very closely but didn't. Come to find that there was a major defect. I called CS and told them what happened. I would have had to pay for it to be sent from Germany back to my house and then back to QVC and then pay for ANOTHER item to be sent.....

CS said no problem, we'll credit your account for the item and have them discard the damaged one. Very gracious and helpful, I must say. Each case is unique and it's something that needs to be discussed with those that have the ability to actually help. The mods here are those who can actually help.... : )

Honored Contributor

Oh FTLOG, it's an electronic charger with a scrape on it and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the way it's supposed to work.

Stuff happens in manufacturing and packing and it doesn't necessarily mean it was used, returned and then shipped again to you especially if the packaging was in good condition and undisturbed when you received it. 

It's not like it's a piece of furniture or major appliance with a big gash in it.

Would I be annoyed, yes but it's certainly not worth the aggravation this seems to have caused you.

Super Contributor

Beth - Thank you so much for helping me with this matter.  My faith in QVC Customer Service has been restored!  I feel confident in ordering again.  Practically all of my online shopping is with QVC so I really appreciate your fast response.  Thanks again.

Super Contributor

Uh no ...Not an option.  Of course anyone would try all options before posting.

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@dex

Not true; I had a defective car CD player, emailed Amazon and they gave me an immediate credit and told me to toss the defective one.

I've had that happen too, and I always appreciate it.  However, I don't think it's unreasonable for a company to request the return of a defective item.   I would never assume they wouldn't require that, and I would never criticize them for it.

New Contributor

it could have been shipped back free of charge then the recipient would not have to pay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@krtjazzman wrote:

it could have been shipped back free of charge then the recipient would not have to pay.

@krtjazzman

yes, i am not sure why the recipient did not return the item with the prepaid label that would have come in the box or can be printed out online? she could have asked for an exchange for the defective one and it would have been settled.

very glad though that @MadameQueen got a satisfactory resolution from the great mods on here!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein