Super Contributor

Unable to return Gift that was received damaged.

I ordered a new Halo Charger as a gift.  The package arrived in good condition,   I gave the charger as a present at a family event over the Chrstmas holidays. The recipient later informed me that part of the finish was scraped off on the side.  I don't know how this could have happened as the packaging was undisturbed.  It appears that I received a used item. I am unable to get the charger back from the gift recipient to return it.  

I contacted QVC Customer Service and they were unwilling to discuss any solution except my returning it.  I do not live near the recipient and cannot ask them to return it.  I am very disappointed that Customer Sevice would not work with me as I am a long time customer who never returns anything and is usually very satisfied.  The Rep, Brenda, had no problem with losing me as a customer and really did not care about my embarassment in giving a damaged gift or my inconvenience.  Not at all what I expected from QVC.  This is a photo of the supposedly new Halo charger.

20171227_083859.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to return Gift that was received damaged.

[ Edited ]

I don't understand this dissatisfaction with CS.  CS gave the only reasonable option which is to return it.  What other option is there?

QVC Customer Care

@MadameQueen

I will send you an email ....

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

I don’t know what you expected...should they have sent you a new one and told you to dispose of the damaged one?i don’t think you can get a refund from anywhere unless you return the product...except food items.

Valued Contributor

I don't think this is an unusual or unreasonable return policy.

Valued Contributor

@dex

Not true; I had a defective car CD player, emailed Amazon and they gave me an immediate credit and told me to toss the defective one.

Honored Contributor

If the recipient is unhappy with the scrape, he or she will happily return it to you so you can return to Q.  Or maybe you can send the paperwork to him or her so he or she can return to Q himself or herself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zitawins wrote:

@dex

Not true; I had a defective car CD player, emailed Amazon and they gave me an immediate credit and told me to toss the defective one.

@zitawins  I had a mix up with Amazon. I received the wrong item. Amazon shipped out what I ordered plus emailed me a return shipping label to return the wrong item. 

The person you gifted this to should return it to Q so they can ship out a new one. I saw it on TV the other day & they only had 3 colors left so would have to take one of those or a refund. If it just has a scratched area on the side but actually works I don't see what the problem is.

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@dex

That’s how great Amazon is.  This has worked for me twice.  

Honored Contributor

Why won't the recipient give you back the gift, if you can't sent it back you can not get a refund.  QVC is not as accommodating as Amazon when it comes to returns

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.