Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

USPS tracking shows "delivered to agent"

Does anyone know what this means?? I just want/need my refunds. USPS cannot do anything for me bc it says delivered to agent i called yesterday to QVC, but no luck. She said she sees the post ofc has the items, but that's it. Tia Brandi
~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: USPS tracking shows "delivered to agent"

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:
Does anyone know what this means?? I just want/need my refunds. USPS cannot do anything for me bc it says delivered to agent i called yesterday to QVC, but no luck. She said she sees the post ofc has the items, but that's it. Tia Brandi

@BrandiDavis - This means your return package has been picked up by QVC's returns delivery agent, Newgistics, and is in transit back to QVC. Unfortunately, the whole process often takes about two weeks because returns service is the absolute slowest shipping method possible.

However, within 24-48 hours of "the agent" picking up your return, you can usually start getting some progress details by entering your tracking number on this site: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/   You won't be able to get an estimated delivery date or anything, but at least you'll be able to see that your package is moving between now and the time QVC decides to process it.

You can also go into your Order Status page on qvc.com, view the details for the specific returned item order, and get minimal tracking updates from QVC (which are supposedly fed in from Newgistics), but in my experience, this method sometimes only shows the day the USPS was "in possession of" the package and the date it is delivered to QVC.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@BrandiDavis  This has been discussed here before because I remember writing this same answer I will write you.  Was it, by any chance, jewelry that you were returning to Q's S. Carolina warehouse?  That's when this first happened to me.

I called the 800 number on my USPS tracking receipt (I paid my own postage to return ) and was told that QVC does send someone to pick up packages at the PO because there are too many for the PO to deliver.  The "delivered to agent" message, according to the PO representative I spoke to, was the equivalent of it being delivered to QVC (because the P.O. turned the items over to an agent of QVC authorized to pick them up). 

Honored Contributor

This has happened to me when using QVC's label to send something USPS.  I dropped it off at the UPS Store, because they will take USPS items now.  Then an "agent" picks up the box at the UPS store, and there is no further tracking until it's delivered to QVC.  That can take a long time for some reason.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, return shipping methods apparently changed to this a few years ago.  It used to be that you took it to the post office or the UPS store, and it just went back.  Then they changed to a combination shipping method.  I haven't purchased much for a while, but when I did have to return several things a couple of years ago, I couldn't figure out what was taking so long.  So I started tracking it when I left it at the post office, and sometimes depending on what day I left it, it would sit in the post office for anywhere from a day or two or even up to a week before being handed off to the "shipping agent".  After that, I couldn't track it on USPS but if QVC was up-to-date on their end, I could track it on my order status.  You can try checking your order status and there should be a place to "track your return".  Sometimes they update it, sometimes it takes a while, but eventually you will see when it arrives back to QVC.  

Honored Contributor

Give it three weeks.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so very much for your advice!! I really appreciate it! I'm getting ready to try and see if I can find out any information on the link you provided!! Thanks again!

~ Hope in TN ~
Super Contributor

Once you return your pkg to the USPS office the "agent" picking up the return pkg to transport it IS NOT USPS but instead a third party hired by "QVC".  the "agent" makes the decision when to pick up from USPS  (this decision is based on how many stops, room he has to put all the return pkgs that is going to the Return center). Now keep in mind, that once the agent picks up the container, USPS no longer is responsible for the pkg (but at least you have a receipt that QVC cannot deny). This  happened to me several times until I went back to USPS and asked them why my pkg after 6 days still showed at USPS office location.  The USPS rep told me always to get a receipt to show that YOU delivered  the container to USPS.  Even though it may sit there for a few days (in my case longer) you then can call QVC and inform them that you recd a receipt and QVC can telll that you did return the pkg and even tell if the pkg is in transit.  In my case, they credited my account and within a few days, I saw the credit.  of course, if you have a QCARD, you can go on line and view the order and click on the TRACKING line to see when the "agent" picked up the container and where it is in the transport phase.  Again, it was the USPS agent that informed me of the process (there are many different companies that uses a third party agent to transport the pkgs to return centers.  JUST get a receipt.

Super Contributor

Plus get a receipt from USPS.  Even though the agent has picked up the pkg at least you have a USPS receipt showing that you delivered the container to USPS and USPS shows they did receive it from YOU.  QVC then can also see that it was returned to the USPS office by you.  This is important because if by any chance the pkg gets "lost" on USPS property or in transit, QVC is able to tell that you did return it.  It is the agent that determines when he will pick up the pkg from USPS location.  Last Dec 2018, I had a pkg that was sitting at USPS for almost 10 days...this is when the USPS rep told me how the process works.  once the pkg is picked up by agent, then don't have any responsibility so get a receipt.  I do wish QVC and other companies could ensure that their agents went to all USPS locations every work day but they don't.