Honored Contributor

Re: USPS VACATION HOLD not working for QVC orders?

Thank you to anyone who might be providing information and help.

@Krimpette

The reason I wrote this was that I think QVC might want to know.

A customer (like me) who orders when the “deals are good” may be counting on their shipments being held until they return. 

As is the case with me, since this system appears to be broken, I just won’t order at that time any more.

DH mentioned that we are getting lots of “independent carriers” (Smartpost?) which QVC hands off/uses.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Here's my experience. If items are sent UPS SurePost, then UPS is supposed to hand off the item to USPS ultimately for delivery. I've had a few occasions where UPS did not do this. They send a message saying "we will be in your area anyway and deliver your package." If they choose to do this, then you have no way of having the package held...I've tried. Neither a UPS hold, nor a USPS hold will work on these deliveries where UPS, at their whim, changes horses mid stream, so to speak. I know they are just trying to get the packages to us faster, but it can really mess things up if you are out of town.

Honored Contributor

USPS always has held packages and QVC bags with the mail, except for once recently.  The package got here super fast and arrived on the first day of the hold.  I always have a neighbor come by daily.  One time the newspaper was on hold, but was delivered daily.  The best plans don't always work out how you plan.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1Good neighbors are worth so much, aren't they!  Nice to hear your time wasn't ruined by a package loss.

By the way, I learned from other posters as I read your thread.  Until I did that, it never occurred to me that I someday may have to place a hold with the other carriers.  Didn't even know I could!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped

Thank you, @pupwhipped

Next time we may have to obtain a PO Box in hopes that would work. 

Or...

I may need to avoid shopping for awhile (OH NO NOT THAT!)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~