Honored Contributor

USPS VACATION HOLD not working for QVC orders?

Dear QVC

Don't know what happened this time!

I have my confirmation # for a ”hold” request to USPS.

It didn’t work this time — our neighbor had to notice that it was dropped on our doorstep. The package is being held for us by this kind neighbor.

Does anyone know why this happened?

Other packages were left there from USPS too? They were all supposed to be HELD at the USPS.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: USPS VACATION HOLD not working for QVC orders?

I can tell you, our post office would never consent to a Vacation Hold on packages or mail unless you pay for a box at the PO. Even people with boxes have had their packages returned to the sender. We are a rural post office so maybe that's why no cooperation. Here's one for you, one time I was out for a walk and the rural carrier saw me, stopped and handed me three packages so he would not have to drive up our lane, get out of his vehicle and put the packages on our porch.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1It may have little to do with who sends the packages.  I say that having just received a packet of mail from my Northern landlord - nothing QVC.

I've been in Florida since mid-October and everything he sent me should have been forwarded by the PO which has forwarded plenty of items since I came South.  It seems as if every season when I make the snowbird transition, some pices slip by, but no one has ever explained well to me how that can happen although in my case, I'm pretty convinced it's whoever sorts my mail and delivers to the house where I rent.

In the years I've been doing this, I've removed as much as I think makes sense from the mail and gone online with those bills, financial reports, etc  But some things, including mail from friends and family, still come to the house.  I am fortunate that I have people on both ends who help me.

Hope you had a good vacation in spite of the problem!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99

That is terrible!

Every other time, this system worked for us!

Cannot imagine what happened! I went ahead and ordered some things with this in mind... won’t do that again!

Respected Contributor

Did you put a hold with Fed Ex & UPS too? Packages are being transferred between those companies & USPS. I had several packages that were suppose to be transferred by UPS to USPS for delivery but UPS delivered them instead because they were in my neighborhood...UPS wouldn't know about a hold with USPS. The USPS is dealing with a crazy increase in packages so it might have been a mistake...check their website, call the 800 number or your local post office to find out what happened.

Honored Contributor

USPS just held 6 packages for vacation hold for more than a week this January.  Sorry it happened to me.  They held USPS packages and some from the smart post where packages are transferred to post office from other carriers.  No problems.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

Our vacay is great!

our dear neighbor sent a picture of these items to DH— lying by the front door. 

I do have to agree that these may have been transferred from one carrier to another. I had holds in place with

FEDEX

USPS

UPS

Honored Contributor

I guess I don't understand how it would be a QVC issue.  Sounds like a carrier issue to me.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

QVC Customer Care

@LTT1

I apologize that this has happened. My understanding of this is that the control of the delivery is with the USPS but will investigate as we were unaware of this. Thank you for your patience while we work this out.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Twice USPS delivered when my delivery was suppose to be on a vacation hold.  It depends on your letter carrier.