Esteemed Contributor

Re: USPS NO LONGER offers tracking info on QVC packages!!!!! HELP!

This is just another reason to go to usps. c o m and send returns back on your own. I get priority a and priority b boxes  gratis from their website; sending items back in these boxes is generally less expensive than 'regular' usps shipping. 

I look for the most economical way to send the item back via usps's website, sometimes it's a flat rate envelope or box. And free tracking comes with every shipment!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

This is just another reason to go to usps. c o m and send returns back on your own. I get priority a and priority b boxes  gratis from their website; sending items back in these boxes is generally less expensive than 'regular' usps shipping. 

I look for the most economical way to send the item back via usps's website, sometimes it's a flat rate envelope or box. And free tracking comes with every shipment!

@Ibby114  I had sent mine back on my own; didn't use Q's label.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  I still think that "agent" is QVC (see Pearley's response, I think she says it better than me).  @Pearlee

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114  I had sent mine back on my own; didn't use Q's label.

@Pearleewow, I thought avoiding Q's label would avert issues like this! Woman Frustrated Hopefully we'll hear back...

Honored Contributor

@2blonde  Thanks - although you said it just fine. I merely elaborated on what you stated. Smiley Happy

@Ibby114  The whole reason I called the USPS CS in the first place was when I saw by tracking that an agent had picked it up, I didn't understand how that could have happened if I didn't use Q's return label.   I figured their agents could pick up those Smart Post (a misnomer if I ever heard one!) packages, but not from regular USPS mail service!  I was only anticipating getting charged for using a return label I hadn't used (which in itself happens plenty)!  But that's a separate issue Smiley Happy  .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone. Well, spoke to Beth and she handled it like a pro. She'll handle my refunds and is alerting those in charge to the issue of USPS saying it's not their responsibility (as per the USPS site via tracking).

I'm not a big returner but do so when something is defective/the wrong item. I thought it would be easier to use the QVC label and then have the S & H credited but as others have mentioned, maybe not. I'll return via my own label and see what happens next time.

Let it be known that I have a really bad  Post Office; I mean, ranked in the pits. Plus, I'm considered a "rural" route so we never have the same person delivering our mail. This may be a BIG part of the problem. 

Do let Beth know if you have experienced the same issue, btw. USPS is supposed to be handling the shipping from start to finish, so... yeah.

Edited for spelling.

Honored Contributor

FYI - as an aside, this happened to me the same way recently when I sent in my passport to be renewed.  I completely freaked out when tracking fell off in Philadelphia -- my tracking ended where it had arrived at the P.O. and that was it - I never got any message that it was delivered any place.

I had the PO put a trace on it and someone from the Philadelphia USPS hub called me to say that there is too much mail for the USPS to deliver to the federal passport office which was where it was addressed to.   But until I got that call from the USPS representative, I was totally worried that someone had stolen my old passport (in the envelope) and the application for renewal that of course contained a lot of personal info and my check.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  Beth is great. She is always super helpful and nice at resolving QVC problems, and quickly too.  IMO she treats customers as valued customers, not as annoyances or impositions as some CS at QVC on the telephone.

She has helped me often when I've been charged for a QVC return label I hadn't used.  I don't get nearly as ticked off about it as I used to because I know she'll make it right for me with minimum hassle.

Honored Contributor

I usually send back several items from different orders. I make sure to put everything in the correct plastic bag with packing slip and I use FedEx.  It arrives in a few days and I can even see who signs for the package at the Q.

New Contributor

I just dealt with this very issue today.  On August 22 my husband dropped off a package at our local post office to return to QVC .  The clerk gave him the tracking number on the receipt.  I used the shipping label provided.  It has been three weeks to the day and still no evidence of return.  I have already paid for that item, too.  I went to the same post office to show them that I had tracked the package and it said it was still at that office.  They checked and it was there.  No movement in three weeks!  I called a complaint line for the postmaster's office in my area.  I spoke to a woman who explained that QVC uses a third party delivery system with its return labels.  Packages can sit for WEEKS at the post office before being picked up by that delivery service.  Once you give the USPS your package, she said QVC owns the parcel. It is parcel post service not first class.  The post office does not deliver it.  I then contacted QVC customer service.  The representative immediately gave me credit for the returned package.  She said that since it has been more than two weeks, she could do that.  I STRONGLY recommend that you get a PROOF OF RECEIPT from the USPS when you leave the package.  I was able to track it by going to the USPS website and entering the number.