Honored Contributor

Re: US Mail dumping packages in yard

Was it near the place where they deliver mail?

In the box vs on the ground, right near the box...

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Nightowlz 

I've never had anyone who knocked or rang the bell wait around, unless it was for a required signature.  The ones who do knock or ring just do it to signify a delivery, but if I hear them, they are already back to their truck by the time I get to the door.

As to the rest of your post, just wow.  Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy is all I can say.  And so sad.  I guess they haven't learned that there are no small jobs, just "small" people.  I would have thought somewhere along the way someone would have taught them to do their best.  But what is sad is that at some point, these folks are going to be the examples others follow, and so the bad practices continue.  

On the other hand, I do have faith that not all of them are like this.  It's just that they stand out so darn much.  

@GingerPeach 

I told DH look what we have to look forward to as we age. DH said yes none of them can count back change or help unless the end result came from the cash register or off the computer etc. LOL!!!

He said he thought it would be nice to retire but all he has to look forward to is dealing with Medicare & other issues. Won't be anyone to help if we are dealing with most of the younger generation.

DH had to tell the girl at Rib Crib how much his change was since he gave her a few cents after she rang it up. She said Oh No now I don't know how much change to give you. DH told her & she started laughing saying good thing you know??? How can you even get a job if you cannot count correct change back???

I haven't had quite so much trouble, @Nightowlz , and I still have faith.

Sometimes I pay with cash and tell the cashier, when I'm handing him/her coins and/or bills, these are for practice so we don't forget!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

Omg, that happens to me everytime with Fedex, must be their policy,lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian wrote:

I truly do not understand the ins and outs of delivery these days. I have found packages in front of my garage, at my back door, and at my front door. Now I know better than to assume that any of these deliveries will come to my front door, as I requested. I also have no idea who is delivering some of my packages. The whole system is loony and incomprehensible.

@Vivian, If you haven't already done so you might want to try these free tracking services.   A few years ago I started using the free tracking alerts from these 3 major shippers and found that I get better info this way.  

In some cases we can register our name and address several different ways to be sure it's always recognized.  

Then, whenever the shipping site "sees" our name/address entered by a vendor, it triggers alerts.   

I receive email alerts when packages are sent and delivered (and all the activity when they're in transit).  

Text alerts are available, too.   Shipments requiring a signature usually give a heads up about this in the email, prior to delivery, and often will allow me to sign online if I choose.  

These services aren't perfect, but they've been extremely helpful in my experience.  Here are some links, for those interested. 

UPS My Choice 

https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page

FedEx Delivery Manager®

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US 

Informed Delivery® by USPS®

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems to me this thread illustrates the reason our anecdotal information can't direct QVC (or any vendor) to choose any one, specific, particular shipping service(s) -- not everyone has the same good or bad results from the same shippers.    I think our experiences posted on the forums are real, factual accounts, and I've thought for a long time now that the quality of service varies widely from one geographic locale to another.      I've been really lucky in that our USPS, UPS and Fedex services all are good.    There's been the occasional problem, so I've found myself contacting all 3 of them and each time they were responsive (some took more time and effort than others) and the problem was resolved.    The local USPS branch for my area does answer their phone, Fedex handles problems with their national support website/phone number, and with UPS I call the national support and then our local office always calls back quickly.   Knock on wood, by the way...  I consider myself lucky!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I've never had any problems with USPS, UPS or FedEX. However, I have called all three of them to schedule pick-ups. USPS and UPS have local numbers which are answered immediately. FedEX has an 800 number which is answered sometimes; other times I have had to leave my name and number and a CRS has returned my call in a timely manner. These complaints always surprise me. The deliveries and pick-ups have been excellent.

I'm also a frequent customer of USPS and UPS in person. Wonder if that makes a difference? They know me. I go inside to buy stamps, mailing boxes, tape, sometimes cards or stationery, etc.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

On Saturday, I heard a vehicle in my driveway and I looked out and saw a mail truck turning around. I looked out and didn't see any package on the porch so I thought maybe he was just turning around. I went out a couple of hours later and as I was driving out, I see a package that had been left on the edge of my yard just off of my driveway.

I'm sure that you will tell me that I need to call the USPS to explain my problem but since they NEVER answer their phones, that's a lost cause and a waste of my time. IMO QVC needs to go back to having UPS deliver the packages directly not thru the "smart post or whatever it is called" these days. UPS delivered to my porch! they don't just chuck boxes onto the edge of the driveway.

Please don't get me started on the services (lack of) provided by the USPS.  They should really be ashamed of themselves.  OMG!!!

Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I think it varies from one area to another.  I'm lucky that I get pretty good service from both UPS and USPS.  I have more issues with FedEx, actually.  They used to be pretty good, but have gone downhill lately around here.

I do think no carrier should leave packages in your front yard.  Good grief.  I once was able to find the USPS website and logged a complaint with them there when I had an issue with a substitute carrier who said she couldn't find my address with a package, returning to to the P.O.

Wow, don't you love it when there's a substitute carrier.  I often wonder how these people get these jobs.  I would think that the first thing that would be tested is your ability to R-E-A-D.  And please this is not only directed to USPS because I think that all of these delivery services have employees whose ability I seriously question.

Honored Contributor

Our local post office has no post master on site, so you get what you get. I have had envelope packages torn open and then placed nicely in my rural route box. The woman at the front desk denies of course that it happened in the pipe line, but who rifles through your mail, opens your packages, take out what they want and then stacks it all up nice and neat in your box. We didn't argue with them we just got a PO Box and now they have to account for everything that is damaged or stolen. Our UPS guys are the best.

Esteemed Contributor

thanks, I didn't realize that I could sign up for alerts. That's good information to have.