Honored Contributor

Re: US Mail dumping packages in yard

I get much faster delivery when the items are sent USPS without any involvement by UPS.  

Valued Contributor

I would go to the Post Office, and speak to the Postmaster.  They need to know our concerns and complaints with the service they provide.  

Honored Contributor

Wow.  I just filled out the USPS online form to advise them of an issue with our carrier.  The form tells me it was not able to be submitted.

They seem to block our efforts at every turn.

(Everyone who says the local offices do not respond to phone calls or are indifferent to them is right.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I think it also depends upon the person who is delivering as well as the region.  My mailman at the office as offered many times to take large or heavy packages from my 10th floor office to my car in the garage parking.  About 8 years ago he was written up in our city paper for being such a good mailman and a blessing to our downtown area.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The USPS is not a service-oriented organization.  On the rare chance you're able to express a complaint to a real person, it will be like talking to a wall. 

You may feel better complaining, but don't kid yourself - your complaint already landed in the circular file.

Honored Contributor

If they don't answer the phone at your local post office call their 800#.

1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

USPS & UPS both leave my packages on my front porch in the corner next to a bench so you cannot see them from the street.

FedEx is a problem since he always puts my packages in front of my glass storm door so I have to scoot it out of the way so I can open my door. If the package is heavy I have to go out the garage door to get it. Talk about someone without any common sense that or he's a disgruntled employee. I hate FedEx.

None ring my doorbell.

I have Ring Pro so I do know when they come by.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

If they don't answer the phone at your local post office call their 800#.

1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

USPS & UPS both leave my packages on my front porch in the corner next to a bench so you cannot see them from the street.

FedEx is a problem since he always puts my packages in front of my glass storm door so I have to scoot it out of the way so I can open my door. If the package is heavy I have to go out the garage door to get it. Talk about someone without any common sense that or he's a disgruntled employee. I hate FedEx.

None ring my doorbell.

I have Ring Pro so I do know when they come by.

I'm finding that happens more and more by many of the newer delivery people, not just one carrier.  How do they think people are going to get the door open to retrieve the package, especially if it's a large or heavy package?  Most of us have room on either the left or right side of a door, sometimes both, so why they leave it in front is mind-boggling.

If I am quick enough, I'll take the time to catch them and let them know, politely, but most often the package is just there.

And most don't ring or knock.  (Sometimes I wonder if maybe they don't because they don't want to hear barking dogs? I can understand that.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

USPS was the best until my regular post person was reassigned. She always knocked to let me know when I had a package. The temps do not knock and I miss that. I hope we get a regular person soon.

Several years ago, when local USPS was unresponsive, I lodged an online complaint. They did call me about the problem then, so the complaint was taken seriously.

Thankfully, my post office currently answers the phone and have been helpful. One issue is that packages are sometimes scanned as delivered before they actually arrive.  I was told items are sometimes scanned before delivery because of personnel problems. I always get the order the same day it is scanned so I won’t complain about that.

Honored Contributor

I definitely agree that a lot of how packages get to you depends on the delivery person themselves.

My regular USPS lady is wonderful, the substitute is just okay.  FedEx was great a few years ago, then that person changed and the one I have now tries, but she’s a little bitty thing and I often have heavy bulky packages that she has trouble with.  Also, she races up and down my gravel drive which ticks me off.

UPS was also great for years.  We had the same guy and I always knew when my packages would be at my door within an hour window.  He would knock to let us know before he left.  But then, all that changed lately.  Now, it seems like each delivery is a different driver.  And I have no idea when they’ll arrive, or where the packages will be left.  Sometimes I have to check my email to see if something has been delivered.  And my packages often seem like they’ve been stepped on or run over now; they’re a mess.

I’ve spoken to my old regular UPS driver about this when I got the chance.  He said everything has changed about their routes now.  They no longer rely on the drivers’ knowledge of their own routes.  It’s all computerized and they get different assignments each morning.  Their routes are all computerized and during the day they may get different instructions about where to go on the route.  I know this to be true since I often get numerous emails during the day of delivery with different delivery times. That hardly seems efficient to me, but I’m not running the company.

With so many people ordering so many things now, I’m sure the delivery companies are having trouble dealing with it.  

Honored Contributor

Ok,,maybe I'm just tired but this hysterically funny.  You see a Usps truck dumping mail and you turn it around into being a QVC problem....LOL   Usps has a website so...you can always alert them as to what you saw there but the real reason is that you are like so man people, you just don't want to get involved.   And that's ok.  You just cannot have it both ways, you can't see something like that and choose to remain silent and then complain about it.  That only makes you look bad.  How you weaved QVC into this is a mystery to me.