Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am also very frustrated w/this process.  My mailbox is a mile from my home and the mail delivery will not leave anything that won't fit in the box. They will not drive to my home either.  UPS and Fedex however, do make home deliveries.  So, for me it is a 30 mile trip to the PO to stand in line for a pkg that the PO won't deliver rather than having UPS just bring it to the house.  It has definitely caused me to take a pass on items that won't fit in the mailbox. 

Trusted Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I prefer USPS these days, since my UPS guy doesn't come until 7:30-8:00PM most times.  Sometimes later.

Oh goodness, that is awfully late to work for the UPS people and then get back to the terminal.  I have seen them work that late around Christmas, but not on a normal basis....

I get UPS, FedEx and USPS deliveries up until 10pm, year-round.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@KatieB  I agree!  And on those very rare occasions when I've gotten to see my regular UPS guy, I've discussed the lateness with him. He said that he is often given a double load for the day, especially is someone calls out sick, or whatever.  But he says he doesn't mind.  He has to be the most laid back person I have ever met!  Comes across as calm, cool and collected, no matter.

I've wondered about this as I also get my UPS pkgs around 8pm some days.