Super Contributor

UPS order in Orlando for 9 days!

Has anyone had an order seemingly stuck somehere for that long.? I don't mind , if it is eventually arriving, since it is no longer available anyway. But seems odd that it would be sitting  there for so long, then transferred to post office, then... ?.  I live near Tampa so it is practically here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS order in Orlando for 9 days!

Yes, I had an order (not from QVC) stuck in the town just before shipment to mine for well over a week.  I could have walked to it and picked it up before I got it.  But I finally did receive it in perfect condition.

Since Covid, I'm finding delays popping up in various places from many carriers.

Super Contributor

Thanks, I did too, but wasn't QVC. That item had been lost, so I never got it and company credited it. I expect delays , but this seems like something is not right. 

Honored Contributor

This is a job for UPS.  You can start a claim/or run a trace on their website.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I was going to, but requires opening an account , not sure if they charge to open an account, seems like more trouble than worth.   Will wait til end of week and call QVC, if no movement by then. 

Honored Contributor

Where is your package stuck?  Is is at a UPS or USPS facility?  If it's at a post office, you can complete their "lost package form" online which often speeds things up. 

Yesterday I had two packages arrive at my local post office and for some reason, they were both sent to Phoenix, AZ.  I'm near Albuquerque. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

UPS.  Will be switched to USPS. I think they clump this type of shipment, then have certain pick up days when they they send them to the other delivery people. They do that with returns from local post office back to UPS. Never taken this long , stuck  in one place. Since it is not my responsibility , as  I never received it, and there are no replacements , since sold out now, will just wait a few more days.  One time after a long wait, it got all the way to my local post office , then got sent back to other end of state! Finally returned here. Sad but kind of funny. I was just wondering if others had that much of delay. It is a couple of heavy Slatkin candles, so maybe it keeps going to bottom of pile.

Honored Contributor

@Susic wrote:

I was going to, but requires opening an account , not sure if they charge to open an account, seems like more trouble than worth.   Will wait til end of week and call QVC, if no movement by then. 

@Susic 

From my experience, this is very unusual for UPS other than caused by climate conditions, snow, hurricanes, etc.  

UPS does not charge to open an account.  

Super Contributor

I am sure it is due to that. Don't really need to open an account for this. Will wait and see what happens. Sometimes the tracking doesn't get done, and item just appears. 

Honored Contributor

@Susic 

Me! I live outside Tampa and I've had packages stay 10 days in the Orlando distribution center🙄...

I mailed a registered letter a very important document "priority express" about 6 months ago -- after not receiving any tracking updates went to PO I mailed it from.  Clerk told me "oh it's been damaged in processing at Orlando distribution center so it's dead mail" WHAT...they did notnotify me,  refund my $$ nor offer any other help.

Seems the Orlando one is worse than the Hamilton, NJ hub for USPS.

I never order anything I need in a hurry anymore😉