Occasional Contributor

UPS or FedEx to USPS

[ Edited ]

This is what I discovered and think I'm understanding this way.

Sorry QVC, but I had to order something from another company that you do not offer.  Anyway, I went to FedEx's website to see if I could have my package, from another company, delivered straight to me rather then to the USPS and then to me.  What I found was, I would have to sign up and then pay a fee to have this done.  I decided to check, just of curiousity, UPS's website.  From reading their information, they also charge a fee to change delivery address...to me instead of the USPS.  So if i would pay for shipping at the time of purchase of something, it would cost me more to have UPS or FedEx by paying them to ship directly to me instead of the USPS for delivery to me anyway.  Would someone else please check these sites and let me know if I am wrong about this.  QVC, you know how many of your customers feel about this.  Please give us the option to opt-out of the USPS delivery thing.  It does take me longer to get my orders and the tracking with UPS and the USPS has been absolutely horrible.

Update:  Evidently FedEx has an agreement with the USPS for deliveries.  With my tracking of my package described above, Fed Ex is now using the term "FEDEX SMARTPOST."  I have now come to the conclusion that FedEX has an agreement with the USPS for small parcels.  I also think that UPS has the same type of agreement with USPS.  This tells me that QVC has nothing to do with how UPS delivers the packages ordered from them and are having the same problem that Amazon is having with their Prime customers not receiving their package on-time either.  The problem solver maybe that QVC should use USPS for the shipment of their packages, with tracking, so their customers get packages on-time.

New Contributor

I agree...when i track my items there is a day or two hold up at my post office.  I have also been waiting for pants that i ordered on the 7th  that should have been here on the 11th and were only shipped out then. Still sitting at ups since 2 am yesterday .

Valued Contributor

I order alot, I repeat alot from QVC. The "new" shipping that started is actually a scam by qvc.  They make more money this way, at an inconvenience to their customers.  As long as the item is shipped out of their warehouse, qvc is on their way to making money.  For example.  I have my items shipped to a Post Office box housed in the post office.  Everything qvc ships UPS, it is than transferred to a usps destination facility where it sits for a day or two, it is then transferred to my post office, who than, whether they have any pep in their step, deliver it to my post office box the day it was delivered from the destination facility or the next day  THIS UPS-USPS IS A MESS AND NOT GOOD FOR CUSTOMERS.  IT HOLDS UP RECEIVING PACKAGES 2 DAYS, UNACCEPTABLE AND I AM GLAD SOMEONE POSTED THIS ISSUE

Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPS or FedEx to USPS

[ Edited ]

@tandksmom,  I checked that a long time ago, and I think it was an additional $3.00 to get UPS to find my package and alter the shipping destination from USPS to my home address instead.

That would be $3.00 each package. You had to sign up and create an account with UPS for this service.

Don't know if it's still the same.

I haven't checked the QVC shipping rates, but I was wondering if they offer the same $3.00 deal.

If you add an extra $3.00 to QVC's standard shipping, will they send it directly to you instead of sending it to USPS?