Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I may have to end placing orders because recently UPS delivers after 9pm.  I am an old lady who lives alone and I do not want to drag packages inside during evening hours.  And most of the time I am upstairs getting ready for bed.  

Esteemed Contributor

My UPS guy almost always delivers between 6-9. Sometimes after waiting all day for something the package will get changed to the next day. What I did was arrange to have my packages delivered to an alternate location. Mine are delivered to the UPS store 5 minutes from my house. What's strange, he can usually get it there between 10-12. 

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS evening deliveries

[ Edited ]

My UPS guy rarely comes before 7:30-8:00PM, despite their ludicrous map that "allegedly" claims you can track your shipment.  When I do try to track it, it makes no sense.  At some point, it will show him fairly close to my neighborhood.  Then the next time I check, it shows him off in an entirely new direction, quite a distance away.  Oh, and they'll often state early in the day that my shipment will arrive between 11:45 AM and 5:00PM.  Ooops.....that later changes to "end of day".  My USPS service is so much more reliable, and timely.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

My UPS guy rarely comes before 7:30-8:00PM, despite their ludicrous map that "allegedly" claims you can track your shipment.  When I do try to track it, it makes no sense.  At some point, it will show him fairly close to my neighborhood.  Then the next time I check, it shows him off in an entirely new direction, quite a distance away.  Oh, and they'll often state early in the day that my shipment will arrive between 11:45 AM and 5:00PM.  Ooops.....that later changes to "end of day".  My USPS service is so much more reliable, and timely.

I also had a ups problem. I had 3 seperate packages that were due for delivery on same day. (different companies). kept saying out for delivery. after 4 days of that message I called ups and asked whats up? they stated delivery guy very busy, and they aren't allowed to stay in building more than 1hr, then they must go on the road, so they go on next delivery day. ok, finally, I noticed it didn't say out for delivery anymore, so again, I called, ups said we consider packages lost. I called all the companies, 2 days later I received the packages, when the driver showed me the truck, he had floor to ceiling packages. he said I have 350 packages on this truck, I'm lucky if I can get 100 delivered. felt so bad for this guy, but now I understand whats going on. I really wish qvc would just mail usps, much better system.

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog  Under the circumstances, they're trying to do their best.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette That is exactly what I have been experienceing for more than 3 weeks now.  I get so frustrated with it and I hate when they leave things at night and I don't know it until the next day and sometimes late in the morning.  

I posted about this before and got beat up for bashing UPS.  But I guess more people are frustrated with it now.  All I want is some reasonable time frame--don't lie to me and the computer knows to begin with.  And don't deliver stuff late at night. 

USPS has been great for us during this.  And I'm signed up to get pictures of the first class mail and most packages are on the list as well.  It is nice to make sure the important stuff is still in the box.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OOPS!  Network issues.

Honored Contributor

What irks me ,now, they want you to pay extra for 'premium tracking' !

What a load !   Nickel and dime you to death. can't even get status updates without paying for it.  Can't remember if it was Fedex or UPS or both.

USPS will just tell you something is picked up and when it's delivered, period.

Esteemed Contributor

All the delivery systems are being over loaded and we should thank them for daring to be out there.

If it is the weight or size of the box that is your concern then perhaps you need to re-evaluate the orders.  I know I have to do that.  Can't hold large container of laundry detergent.  Hands are just not up to it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Gabidog  Under the circumstances, they're trying to do their best.

@Mimi 1883 

My UPS has ALWAYS  delivered late in the evening, virus or no virus,holliday or no holliday!!

(my dad was a lifetime UPS driver,so I am not UPS bashing )