Respected Contributor

Re: UPS SurePost - I Sure Hate It

I prefer deliveries by USPS. My mail generally comes between 3 and 7 pm on weekdays and Saturdays, it could be early afternoon or evening. Since I moved into my apartment, UPS has been a hassle. One package the driver left at the back door, not my front door, and it was picked up by another tenant, and I didn't get it until three weeks later. Then I ordered those insulated bags that were a TSV last week. It came UPS Ground. The driver did not leave it on my porch and instead took it to a UPS store. Which is fine because I know where it's at...except I have no car and now need to find a way to get out there to get my package so it won't be returned, as these are Christmas gifts. I'm guessing the driver did not want to leave the box there because it's an apartment and it's right on the street---if someone swiped it he would get the blame for leaving it there. I wonder if UPS will allow a family member to get my package if I give them authorization. Anyway, my mom said anything I order for Christmas to have shipped to her house since she's always home during the week and her house is in a neighborhood with not a lot of car or foot traffic.

Respected Contributor

SurePost is awful as well as our USPS in my area.  The postman can't even put mail in the right mailbox or a package on the right doorstep.

Companies need to re-think SurePost.  I think it hurts their business.

Occasional Contributor

Do not like Sure Post AT ALL. Supposedly UPS uses them to save money - leaving the recipient wondering where the heck his pkg is. I was told by a USPS clerk at my post office that when Sure Post gets behind, particularly during the holidays, that they just state the package has been delivered - true or not. This was the case for me on a Sure Post MIA package last Christmas. Additionally, the transfer always slows the shipping.
Wish Sure Post would just disappear.
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the only one (as usual) that has no problem with SurePost deliveries. I live rural so my delivery times are always somewhat delayed. Most of the time when UPS is supposed to take it to my USPS, I'll get an email telling me that UPS will be in my area and will deliver my pkg. Yay! Since my dh has his own business, we have a pretty good rapport with our local USPS so getting deliveries from them is swift! 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I hate not having a sticky return label.   I use transparent shipping tape, but my mailman has often told me that the post office really doesn't want anyone to tape the address label on a package.  Something about the tape messes with the scanning.  I try not to tape over any of the label numbers etc, but...why no more sticky return labels????

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

I hate not having a sticky return label.   I use transparent shipping tape, but my mailman has often told me that the post office really doesn't want anyone to tape the address label on a package.  Something about the tape messes with the scanning.  I try not to tape over any of the label numbers etc, but...why no more sticky return labels????

@corita - I prefer having a sticker return label as well. When I need to use clear packing tape to attach a label, I try to keep it to the edges of the label rather than covering the tracking bar code—mainly to save tape!—but from what I've seen, clear tape doesn't really interfere with scanning very much, so don't be too worried. I'm sure people do all kinds of strange things to affix labels, but if you're trying to do at least a half-nice job, I'm sure you'll be fine. Smiley Happy