Honored Contributor

Re: UPS Packages delivered by US Mail

When packages were shipped using USPS I received in 2 days.  With the UPS and USPS it now takes 4 days or more.  I know of other companies that use this service but then I know of other companies that ship out almost immediately and you have your pkg. in 1 or 2 days.  I have to say that uSPS has raised their prices on 1st class mail to such an extreme.  It is totally ridiculous what you have to pay to mail a pkg. out.  Blame USPS.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

QVC is the worst offender in this.  I can't tell you how many times I get a notification from UPS telling me it will be sent via US mail.  Can't QVC decide in the beginning which way it will be sent?  It doesn't speed things up and it's not efficient.  

Honored Contributor

If you sign up for UPS My choice you will get the option to have the package delivered directly for an up charge of $3, I do this very often

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

When packages were shipped using USPS I received in 2 days.  With the UPS and USPS it now takes 4 days or more.  I know of other companies that use this service but then I know of other companies that ship out almost immediately and you have your pkg. in 1 or 2 days.  I have to say that uSPS has raised their prices on 1st class mail to such an extreme.  It is totally ridiculous what you have to pay to mail a pkg. out.  Blame USPS.

BINGO!   It's the pathetic shipping handoff ON TOP OF THE "IN PROCESSING" QVC shipment time of 4-7 days.    Unacceptable and annoying.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have never had any issue with things shipped from qvc. It doesn’t matter which way they are shipped I have never had a problem. Qvc could work on the processing times but once it’s shipped I get it fast. It has to be some of the very rural areas some of you live/

Contributor

@JudyL you are not alone. In my situation it can take anywhere from 7-10 days until USPS even scans in my package from the time it is transferred by UPS Mail Innovations., and then add on another day or two until it is delivered. And noone can help me. UPS' tracking stops at the time of the transfer, obviously. And USPS says the package is not in their system so they do not have it. Noone, noone at USPS will answer me when I ask what the policy is for scanning in the tracking of a package when UPS Mail Innovations transfers a package to the post office. I have emailed USPS and received an auto reply saying someone will contact you within 1 business day; still waiting, messaged them on Twitter; still waiting,  sent a message via Facebook; received a message and I quote " Maybe it will eventually get delivered, but at this time there is nothing more I tell you"  and I have been playing phone tag with  my local postmaster. The postmaster will email me asking me to phone him and then he is not available nor will he  email a simple answer to my question. So, in hopes of being explained the policy and process I continue to phone him and he continues being unavailable while my packages continue to sit. I have even gone so far as to leave a message with the day and time I will stop by and he still makes himself  unavailable, then again that could be because earlier in the week  UPS Mail Innovations transferred 2 more packages to the post office and they join the 9 day package that has yet to be scanned in. 

For those who get their packages without delay or a day or two delay that is because your post offices are competent, but for those of us who are dealing with incompetence, it is a QVC issue. QVC signed a contract with both UPS Mail Innovations and USPS. I find it hard to believe there is not a liason QVC can contact when there is ongoing delivery problems within the same postal facility.  And I would think QVC would want to know why it is taking  up to 21 days from the Ship Date for some of us to receive our orders, especially when the UPS Mail Innovation transit time is only 3-4 days. 

I am already paying $5 s/h and should not be told a solution is to upgrade shipping and pay $13.72 for a ring (J330607). 

Good luck Judy, I hope you receive your orders soon. 

New Contributor

i called QVC customer support with this very same complaint.  For several months now, almost a year, my QVC orders start with UPS, but are handed over to the local USPS.  The reply i got was that the shipment method can be UPS for an additional charge, the next charge up from the regular shipping snd handling charge listed on QVC..com  My thought is that this is extra $$ for either UPS or QVC or maybe they split the fees somehow.  WHATEVER the reason, i am not happy with the new process.  I am ordering less from QVC because of the new shipping method.  I live in an apartment building snd collect my mail across the steet in a cluster.  If the package is too large to place in the cluster lock box, the carrier has to ring the intercom to gain access into the building AND I have to be home.  If I am not home, then i have to go to the post office the next day to get my package.  Sometimes, i don’t  even get a note in my mailbox that delivery was attempted.  It’s been a real pain in the neck!!!

Regular Contributor

Well, today I've had a FIRST!! Yet it was a great one. As I've mentioned in another post about how slack the Q is in sending out and then having it sent to the USPS via UPS. Well, this morning I checked on my 2 orders I had out. One was due  (Trolley) 31st and the 2nd (Lug) was due June 5th. Can I elaborate and say UPS delivered them because I was in their area this morning. I'm one happy old camper, to say the least.

I do live across from a rather busy business and I guess they had some deliveries there today. I see UPS/FedEx there several times a day. As David would say - HAPPY DANCE - HAPPY DANCE!!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 12.57.19 PM.png

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
New Contributor

In the last 3 or 4 months I have had 3 items that  I could not even track because  after UPS hands off to USPS, it will show "Delivered" but I never get the package.  When I call Customer Service they have been nice enough to send out a replacement.....now USPS is showing that the last replacement was delivered today 6/1/18.......but was NOT.  This is getting to be SO AGGRIVATING, and time consuming....it shouldn't be this way to buy from QVC.  I have been a Customer for  nearly 30 years, and  I am just disappointed.

Valued Contributor

I am so upset with my postal carrier! I have been outside working in yard all morning, was supposed to have a package delivered from QVC this morning. Have tracking updates on my phone, got an update that said they couldn't deliver my package because they couldn't get to front door!! WHAT?? Individual homes!  We have 2 large driveways & both cars are in the garage!!  I was in the front yard ALL morning!  They did not even come down our road!!  What a liar!! Tried to complain but of course no one there today!!  Now I am wondering if they will just ship it back to the Q & I will have to pay twice to have it shipped back to me!  Will the Q charge me for a return?? Anyone know for sure or have this happen to them??  Crazy!! The post office here is horrible!! And I really wanted my stuff!