Occasional Contributor

Oh, brother.  Have any of you noticed another new step with UPS shipping?  The PACKAGE IS LOADED ON VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY stage.  Yes, this is preceded by we will be in your area so we will deliver your package a day early message.  But, the package doesn’t come a day early.  It is loaded on a truck and sits for a day and then it is delivered on the day it was scheduled to be delivered.  I’ve been watching this “new” step for about six weeks hoping it just needed to be tweaked and will actually be delivered a day early, but it hasn’t changed.  So, these are my options.  QVC ships nearly everything via UPS /US Mail.  So, when UPS gets to my town they turn the package over the USPS and then there is a 50/50 chance the postal service will deliver it to me or one of my neighbors on the actual designated arrival date.  If not, I will get it the following day.  But sometimes UPS will decide to sidestep the US Postal Service, it sits on a truck for a day, then it’s out for delivery, then it’s arrived at its destination which is the USPS and I get it 2 days late.  It’s just crazy!

And now, it takes 4-5 days to process an order.  What is up with this?  I stopped shopping at zulily because of the laissez faire attitude about my orders.  This is very frustrating!

Respected Contributor

@amhistorynut   Yes, we have the same UPS/USPS system here in NE Ohio.  The only difference is, for me, when UPS decides to deliver it themselves, I usually do receive it faster.  When they pass it off to the post office is when I usually have to wait longer!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

when i get that message "loaded onto truck" i do receive my package the same day via UPS rather than them transferring it to USPS. love when that happens.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Loaded on the truck for delivery is the same as out for delivery

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox    I had a "loaded on the truck" last Saturday.  I thought it strange because UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.  It was delivered on Monday.  Who knew they loaded the trucks on Saturday?  So it does not necessarily mean "out for delivery"

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - I agree with you. UPS is usually great about delivering directly to me rather than passing things off to USPS (likely because I order a ton from Amazon so there are plenty of crossover deliveries), but if I ever see "loaded on truck" instead of "out for delivery," I know I'm definitely not getting my package that day, and it is likely that the truck is just going to the USPS hub for a handoff.

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS—One more step

[ Edited ]

Here's my most recent order delivered by UPS today.

Delivered  04/03/201914:29
Loaded on Delivery Vehicle  04/03/201905:04
Destination Scan  04/03/201904:53
UPS will be in your area and will deliver your package a day early.  04/03/201904:52
Destination Scan  04/02/201906:36
Arrival Scan  04/01/201920:10
Departure Scan  04/01/201918:40
Origin Scan  04/01/201913:17
Departure ScanRocky MountNC03/30/201909:26
Package is in transit to a UPS facilityRocky MountNC03/30/201909:20
Order Processed: In Transit to UPS

UPS doesn't deliver on weekends.  I've seen "loaded on delivery vehicle" on Friday evenings...delivered on Monday.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox    I had a "loaded on the truck" last Saturday.  I thought it strange because UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.  It was delivered on Monday.  Who knew they loaded the trucks on Saturday?  So it does not necessarily mean "out for delivery"

UPS delivers in our area on saturdays all year long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

When I get a message that my package is loaded on the vehicle. I get it that day.  But if I didn't get it until the next day I would be ok with it. My last two orders were transferred to USPS and they sat at the post office for 5 days before they were delivered. I know that QVC cannot control the post office but that is when I decided I was done with QVC. I still occasionally watch, but, if I see something I might want I will check to see if Amazon has it. It is usually cheaper and I get it in two days. 

Honored Contributor

Packages used to go UPS until they got a half hour away.  Then the next step was drop at USPS or deliver.  Either way it was delivered the same day.  UPS though would put the bag nicely on my front porch.  USPS does whatever is necessary to shove the bag into the mailbox.

In the past couple months, things have changed.  The package switches to USPS about 150 miles away and gets to the local USPS too late to get same day delivery.