Respected Contributor

Re: UPS Mail Inovations. What a joke!!

Fed Ex is just as bad.  They have lost my packages. They have delivered my packages to others houses. Luckly the people are honest and bring them to me. And when they finally do get the address right and bring my paclages the box are so beat up. Some are torn really bad. And for some reason some are wet.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I would have to agree that they are much slower than either UPS direct or USPS.  And I've had the message state "cannot access property for delivery".  Um, walk up to my front door. There's nothing stopping you.

@DrKelli   Therefore, you pay less for shipping.

I'm not defending it, I don't like it either.  But your statement isn't quite fair without mentioning the cheaper cost.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lovemyboots

Answer:

Because of a deal with them, it's the cheapest way for QVC to ship and QVC makes a lot of money on their 'slower than snail mail' return label, which can sit in the PO for a week or longer before this constipated mail service even picks up returns to QVC.

The longer it takes for our returns to reach QVC, then add 10 days for QVC to process our returns, the longer QVC gets to 'float' on our money, earning interest on our money in that time.

Just like QVC 'outsourced' their IT Dept. to another country because it's cheaper, which is why there are constant website issues for QVC buyers/users/CUSTOMERS. 

@KingstonsMom - There are actually two stories here: QVC uses Mail Innovations as part of its outbound shipping in partnership with UPS and the USPS, but it uses Newgistics for return shipping with its prepaid labels (the "agent" that picks up packages from UPS or the USPS when you drop them off). Both are definitely at the bottom of the heap as far as quick, efficient shipping goes, though.  Smiley Wink