Valued Contributor

Two shipments for one order.

Recently ordered two of same small item on one order.  Received one one day in 6x9 padded envelope.  Verified my order online that I had ordered two.  Called CS.  CS person checked into the Q's records and said that items were sent in two shipments (I said, "How stupid," and we both laughed) and that the second one was in Alabama (not my state) at that time.  Second one arrived two days later in an identical 6x9 padded envelope.

10 of those items could have easily fit into one of those envelopes.

Geez.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Two shipments for one order.

@Maggie Nolia   No idea but could they each have come from different warehouses?  

Honored Contributor

How strange.  But nice that CS had a sense of humor about it.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Doubtful.  Had same return addresses.  Plus CS didn't suggest that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia    Did it occur to you that perhaps there was a reason for this, like maybe the items came from two different watehouses?  Unless you know the facts, best not to ridicule.  This shipment actually cost QVC more money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Maggie Nolia  They came from different warehouses.  The return address has no bearing on if it came from the same warehouse.  Returns go to a different place so YES the return addresses would be the same no matter where they shipped from.  The warehouse for "returns" is NOT where they are shipped from.  And the "packaging" has no bearing on if they came from the same place or not since all the warehouses have those padded envelope.  Not strange, and not stupid.  

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia   Last Sunday a FedEx driver dropped 2 slim Walmart pachages on my terrace.  Neither belonged to me.  Later in the day, I walked them to their rightful owner who told me they were the third delivery from her most recent grocery order. 

The only perfect company when it comes to ordering and delivery is the one from which we personally haven't experienced or heard about errors.  So far- I'm batting zero on that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maggie Nolia   This me was me exactly with a d&co midi dress - two ordered in the same order. They both came originated from the same city/state. One was sent without the other. Took days for the 2nd one to even begin the shipping process. Finally it was sent out. One showed up in a large plain white plastic bag, the other scrunched up in a really small brown puffy envelope - the dress barely fit in the bag. One had a statement/invoice, the other did not. 

This isn't the first time I've ordered multiples of the same item but were shipped separately days later.

It's truly bizarre how packaging and shipping happens here.