Valued Contributor

Is anyone else having trouble with the QVC mobile app?  The site keeps shutting down while I am on it.  This has been occuring for 3 weeks.  So I took off the app and reloaded it.  That didn't solve this problem.  I have never had this problem before with QVC or with any other app.  I have no problem with QVC on my lap top.  

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?  

Honored Contributor

I have found most apps are a pain in the you know what. I rarely use them. It's easier to just go to website on the internet.

Honored Contributor

@mia 2 

Yes. The App is shutting down whether I'm on my iPhone or iPad. It shuts down when I browse and click on items for more details. Usually it works fine, but the last few weeks have been a nightmare. No issue with any other Apps so must be QVC App. 

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed that also.  At first I thought it was me...or a problem with my phone...then I noticed it was just QVC,  Irritating.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble with QVC app

[ Edited ]

Here's my 5/16 post from the Q Talk thread on this topic.

Not sure if all of these reports are for the iOS app, but when any app, of any type, starts acting up, it's a good idea to go to the app store site for your device.  Take a look at the date of the most recent version update and then look at the reviews sorted by date to see what reports have come in since the update.

Since I use Apple devices, after seeing this thread I went to the App Store and looked at the iPhone and the iPad QVC shopping apps.

Under "version history," it shows that it was updated for both devices 3 weeks ago.

Under "ratings and reviews," I chose "see all" and then "sort by most recent."

The reports are in line with those on this thread...  the app shuts down, the app crashes since the update. 

So...  their tech folks definitely have been deluged with complaints.

I don't use the Q apps, so I don't know how quickly those developers respond to problems....  if it's like the tech support on this website, it's probably going to take a while.   

Not smart of them, since that broken shopping app is losing money for the Q.

Hope this is helpful!  Have a peaceful afternoon/evening, everyone!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  For the last 3 weeks I thought it was just me.  Now I know it's not me or my iphone.  Sorry for all of us who are going through this.  It's is very frustrating as one can't spend very long on the app.  I will have to only shop when I can get to my computer, so I hope they fix it soon.  

I really appreciate the 4 of you responding!

We really help each other on these blogs.

Valued Contributor

THANK YOU dooBdoo!  Appreciate that explanation.  Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.  I learned something today!

Have a peaceful evening also  .

Contributor

There is another thread about this in Suggestion Box. The app crashes on both my iPhone and iPad. I have never had this problem until the last week or so. I also prefer the app as it is much faster and easier (unless I am on my laptop). 

New Contributor
I have the same problem with qvc app on I phone and I pad. I thought it was my phone. Why doesn’t qvc fix this problem? It’s very annoying
Honored Contributor

@mia 2 wrote:

THANK YOU dooBdoo!  Appreciate that explanation.  Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.  I learned something today!

Have a peaceful evening also  .

You're welcome, and thank you@mia 2!😊

I think it helps to know the App Store is filling up with complaints about the app crashing -- at the least we are aware the reports are getting to the developers.

It's not cost effective or common sense for them to permit a shopping app to be rendered useless for so many shoppers...  QVC has always had a problem with seeming to have a dreadful lack of interest in keeping their website and their apps in working order.  Puzzling.🤔

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova